Amish Cinnamon Bread, also known as friendship bread, is a heartwarming and deliciously sweet treat. Renowned for its soft texture and rich cinnamon flavor, this bread is a staple inAmish baking and a beloved recipe passed down through generations. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or as a thoughtful homemade gift, Amish Cinnamon Bread brings the simple pleasures of traditional baking to your kitchen.
Ingredients: For the Bread:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Step 1: Prepare the Batter
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, followed by the buttermilk.
- Gradually mix in the flour and baking soda until just combined.
Step 2: Make the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar with the cinnamon. Set aside.
Step 3: Layering the Bread
- Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into each pan. Sprinkle a generous layer of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in each pan.
- Divide the remaining batter between the two pans and top with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
Step 4: Bake the Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pans for about 20 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
- For an extra touch of sweetness, you can drizzle the bread with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk.
- For a lighter version of the bread, you can substitute half the butter with unsweetened applesauce.
- Serve the Amish Cinnamon Bread as is, or lightly toasted with a spread of butter. It pairs wonderfully with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature to achieve a smooth batter.
- Do not overmix the batter, as it can lead to a denser bread.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 300 per slice
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 200mg
Conclusion: Amish Cinnamon Bread is a delightful and easy-to-make treat that captures the essence of home baking. Its cinnamon-sugar swirls and soft texture make it a favorite for all ages. Whether you’re sharing it with friends or enjoying it with your family, this bread is sure to bring comfort and joy to any table.
Explore More Traditional Baking Recipes at recipesen.com
If you enjoyed this Amish Cinnamon Bread recipe and are looking for more traditional baking recipes, recipesen.com is your ideal destination. Our website is filled with classic recipes that celebrate the art of home baking. From breads to pastries, find timeless recipes that will inspire your baking journey at recipesen.com.