Blueberry Cheesecake Rolls offer a delightful fusion of creamy cheesecake and tart blueberries, all wrapped up in a golden, flaky crescent roll. This dessert is a wonderful blend of sweetness and tanginess, creating a perfect treat for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert to impress your guests or just want to indulge in something sweet and satisfying, these rolls are sure to hit the spot. The simplicity of using refrigerated crescent rolls makes this recipe accessible to bakers of all skill levels, while the combination of cream cheese and blueberries ensures a flavor that is both rich and refreshing.
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prepare the Baking Sheet
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture
In a mixing bowl, combine 4 oz of softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix these ingredients until they are smooth and well combined. The cream cheese should be at room temperature to ensure a smooth mixture without lumps.
Step 3: Assemble the Rolls
Open the can of refrigerated crescent rolls and unroll the dough. Separate the dough into individual triangles along the perforated lines.
Spoon a small amount of the cream cheese mixture onto the wider end of each crescent roll triangle. Be sure to leave a margin at the edges to prevent the filling from spilling out during baking.
Place a few blueberries on top of the cream cheese mixture on each triangle.
Step 4: Roll the Crescents
Carefully roll each crescent triangle starting from the wider end with the filling, towards the narrow end, forming the classic crescent shape.
Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring they are not touching each other.
Step 5: Bake the Rolls
Bake the blueberry cheesecake rolls in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes, or until they are golden brown. The exact time may vary depending on your oven, so it’s advisable to keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time.
- Ensure that the rolls are not overcrowded on the baking sheet as they will expand during baking. This space allows them to cook evenly and achieve a uniform golden brown color.
Serve the Blueberry Cheesecake Rolls warm or at room temperature. They can be enjoyed as a dessert, a sweet breakfast treat, or as a snack with coffee or tea. For an extra touch of indulgence, you can drizzle them with a simple icing made from powdered sugar and milk or lemon juice.
- Cream Cheese Consistency: Soften the cream cheese thoroughly for easy mixing and a smooth filling.
- Adding Lemon Zest: For an extra zing, consider adding a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture.
- Variations: This recipe can be easily adapted with different fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or even a dollop of jam.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 11-13 minutes
- Total Time: 21-23 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 100-150 per roll (varies based on the size of the rolls and specific ingredients used)
- Protein: 2-3g per roll
- Sodium: Varies based on the crescent rolls used
Blueberry Cheesecake Rolls are a delightful and easy-to-make treat that combines the creamy texture of cheesecake with the sweet burst of blueberries, all wrapped in a soft, flaky pastry. This dessert is perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings with minimal effort and time. Whether served at a brunch, as a dessert, or as a snack, these rolls are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy the delicious harmony of flavors and the simplicity of this delectable treat!