Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a zesty and delicious fusion of Mexican and American flavors. This recipe features the spicy kick of buffalo sauce combined with tender chicken and melted Monterrey Jack cheese, all sandwiched between crispy tortillas. These quesadillas are perfect for a quick lunch, dinner, or as a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large burrito-sized tortillas
- Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Celery sticks, for serving (optional)
Step 1: In a medium bowl, mix the shredded cooked chicken with the buffalo sauce. Adjust the amount of sauce to your taste preference, ensuring the chicken is well-coated.
Step 2: Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface. Sprinkle half of each tortilla with a portion of the shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.
Step 3: Distribute the buffalo chicken mixture evenly over the cheese on each tortilla.
Step 4: Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the buffalo chicken layer. Fold the tortillas in half over the filling to create a half-moon shape.
Step 5: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place a quesadilla in the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
Step 6: Cut the cooked quesadillas into wedges and serve warm. If desired, serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing for dipping, and celery sticks on the side.
COOKING Note: Be careful not to burn the tortillas. Adjust the heat as needed to ensure they crisp up without getting too dark.
Serving Suggestions: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas can be served as a main dish with a side salad, or cut into smaller pieces for a party appetizer. The optional Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing adds a creamy element that complements the spicy buffalo flavor.
- For a lighter version, use whole wheat tortillas and low-fat cheese.
- You can add additional ingredients like chopped green onions, cilantro, or a sprinkle of paprika for extra flavor.
- To make this dish vegetarian, substitute the chicken with a plant-based protein like tofu or tempeh.
- These quesadillas can be made ahead and reheated in a skillet or oven for a quick meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes per quesadilla
Total Time: 20-30 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 per quesadilla.
- Protein: Approximately 20-25 grams per quesadilla.
- Sodium: Approximately 600-800 mg per quesadilla, mainly from the buffalo sauce and cheese.
Conclusion: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a delightful and easy-to-make dish that combines the bold flavors of buffalo sauce with creamy, melted cheese. They’re perfect for a quick meal or as a shareable appetizer, and their customizable nature makes them a hit with both adults and kids alike. Whether for a game day snack or a simple weeknight dinner, these quesadillas are sure to satisfy your spicy cravings.