Butterfinger Balls are an exquisite dessert for anyone who loves the unique combination of chocolate and peanut butter. This no-bake recipe transforms Butterfinger candy bars into bite-sized balls of deliciousness, mixed with smooth cream cheese and coated in a layer of semi-sweet chocolate. These treats are perfect for parties, as a special snack, or for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 2 cups of crushed Butterfinger candy bars (about 16 fun-sized bars)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. vegetable shortening (optional, for smoother dipping)
- Optional: Butterfinger or chocolate sprinkles for decoration
Step 1: Crush the Butterfingers
- Unwrap the Butterfinger bars and place them in a plastic bag. Crush them into small pieces using a rolling pin or a heavy object.
Step 2: Mix with Cream Cheese
- In a large bowl, mix the crushed Butterfingers with the softened cream cheese until well combined.
Step 3: Form the Balls
- Scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll them into balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the balls for about 30 minutes to firm up.
Step 4: Melt Chocolate
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips with the vegetable shortening (if using). Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
Step 5: Dip the Balls in Chocolate
- Using a fork or a dipping tool, dip each Butterfinger ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring it’s completely coated.
- Place the chocolate-coated balls back on the parchment paper. If using, sprinkle with Butterfinger or chocolate sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
Step 6: Chill to Set
- Refrigerate the Butterfinger balls until the chocolate coating is firm.
Step 7: Serve
- Serve the Butterfinger balls chilled. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Be careful not to overheat the chocolate to prevent it from seizing.
- Butterfinger Balls can be served as a dessert, with coffee or tea, or as a sweet snack at any time of the day.
- You can substitute the semi-sweet chocolate chips with milk chocolate or dark chocolate for a different flavor.
- For a gluten-free version, ensure that the Butterfinger bars and chocolate chips used are gluten-free.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 150-200 per ball
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 100mg
Conclusion: Butterfinger Balls are a delightful treat that perfectly combines the rich taste of chocolate with the crunchy and peanut buttery flavor of Butterfinger candy bars. They are simple to make and are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. Whether for a special occasion or as a homemade gift, these balls are a decadent and enjoyable treat.
Explore More Delicious Candy-Based Recipes at recipesen.com
If you’re inspired by our Butterfinger Balls recipe and are looking for more candy-based desserts, recipesen.com is your ideal destination. Our website offers a wide range of recipes that transform popular candies into delightful treats. Discover your next favorite candy-based creation at recipesen.com.