The Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Ring is a delicious and innovative way to combine the savory flavors of meatballs, cheese, and garlic bread into a single appetizingdish. This recipe transforms the traditional serving of meatballs and marinara sauce into a communal, pull-apart feast that’s perfect for gatherings, parties, or family dinners. With the comforting taste of melted cheese, aromatic garlic, and tender meatballs all wrapped in a golden pizza dough, this dish is sure to impress and satisfy.
- 1 batch pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Frozen meatballs (quantity as needed, typically around 20-24 depending on size)
- 1 cup marinara sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare a baking sheet or pizza stone by lightly greasing it or lining it with parchment paper.
Step 2: Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle or circle, depending on the shape of your baking sheet or stone. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.
Step 3: Arrange the frozen meatballs around the edge of the dough, leaving a little space between each meatball. Spoon a bit of marinara sauce over each meatball, then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the meatballs and sauce.
Step 4: Begin folding the dough over the meatballs, pinching the dough together to enclose the meatballs, sauce, and cheese, forming a ring. Once the meatballs are fully enclosed, brush the top of the dough with melted butter, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt or garlic powder.
Step 5: Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and cooked through. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Ensure the meatballs are evenly spaced to allow for uniform baking and easy pull-apart sections. If using homemade pizza dough, let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes before rolling it out, as this will make it easier to work with.
Serve the Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Ring warm, with extra marinara sauce on the side for dipping. A side salad or a selection of roasted vegetables would complement this dish nicely, balancing out the hearty and rich flavors of the meatball ring.
- For an extra cheesy experience, add more mozzarella inside the dough or sprinkle some on top before baking.
- You can customize the filling by adding sliced olives, mushrooms, or bell peppers inside the ring for added flavor and texture.
- If using garlic powder instead of garlic salt, you may want to sprinkle a little salt over the top as well, depending on your taste preference.
- 20 minutes (including dough preparation)
- 20-25 minutes
- 40-45 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 per serving, depending on the size and ingredients used.
- Protein: Approximately 20g per serving, varying with the meatballs and cheese used.
- Sodium: This can vary widely based on the dough, meatballs, and cheese used. Estimate around 600-800 mg per serving, but consult specific product labels for accuracy.
The Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Ring is a versatile and crowd-pleasing dish that combines the beloved flavors of garlic bread, meatballs, and cheese into a unique and delicious meal. Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a fun family dinner idea, or simply craving something cheesy and satisfying, this recipe offers a delightful twist on traditional ingredients. Enjoy the process of making it and the joy of sharing it with others.