Chocolate Coconut Bonbons are a perfect blend of creamy coconut centers and rich chocolate coating. These treats are not only delicious but also visually appealing, making them perfect for special occasions, gifting, or simply as a delightful snack. Easy to make and irresistibly tasty, these bonbons are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Ingredients: For the Coconut Filling:
- 2 cups shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- Sea salt for a sweet and salty twist
Step 1: Prepare the Coconut Filling
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up, making it easier to handle.
Step 2: Shape the Bonbons
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take small amounts of the coconut mixture and roll them into balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze the coconut balls for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Melt the Chocolate
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
Step 4: Dip the Bonbons
- Using a fork or dipping tool, dip each coconut ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring it’s completely coated.
- Place the chocolate-coated bonbons back on the parchment paper. If using, sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes or a pinch of sea salt while the chocolate is still wet.
Step 5: Chill to Set
- Refrigerate the bonbons until the chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
Step 6: Serve
- Serve the Chocolate Coconut Bonbons chilled. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Be careful not to overheat the chocolate to prevent it from seizing.
- Chocolate Coconut Bonbons can be served as a dessert, with coffee or tea, or as a sweet snack at any time of the day.
- For a variation, you can use milk chocolate or white chocolate for the coating.
- Add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the coconut mixture for additional texture and flavor.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 150-200 per bonbon
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 50mg
Conclusion: Chocolate Coconut Bonbons are a delightful treat that perfectly combines the rich taste of chocolate with the exotic flavor of coconut. They are simple to make and are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. Whether for a special occasion or as a homemade gift, these bonbons are a decadent and enjoyable treat.
Explore More Delicious Chocolate Recipes at recipesen.com
If you’re inspired by our Chocolate Coconut Bonbons recipe and are looking for more chocolate-based treats, recipesen.com is your ideal destination. Our website offers a wide range of chocolate recipes, from simple snacks to elaborate desserts. Discover your next favorite chocolate creation at recipesen.com.