Crescent and Chicken Roll-Ups are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or meal that combines the savory flavors of chicken and cheese with the flaky, buttery texture of crescent rolls. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, a fun appetizer for gatherings, or even as a tasty snack. The addition of cream cheese adds a creamy texture to the filling, making these roll-ups a comforting and satisfying treat.
- 1 package crescent rolls (8 count)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the crescent roll package, typically around 375°F (190°C). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greasing it.
In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken and 4 oz of softened cream cheese. Mix these ingredients until they are well combined and the chicken is evenly coated with the cream cheese.
Stir in 1/4 cup of chopped onions into the chicken and cream cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into individual triangles. Place a spoonful of the chicken and cream cheese mixture onto the wider end of each crescent triangle.
Sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheddar cheese over the chicken mixture on each crescent triangle.
Carefully roll up each crescent, starting from the wide end and wrapping it towards the pointed end, ensuring that the filling is encased within the dough.
Place the filled crescent rolls on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring they are not touching each other.
Brush the tops of the crescent rolls with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. This will give the rolls a nice golden color and rich flavor.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crescents are golden brown and cooked through.
Once baked, remove the crescent and chicken roll-ups from the oven. Optional: Garnish with chopped parsley for added color and flavor.
Keep an eye on the crescent rolls as they bake, as oven temperatures may vary, and you don’t want them to burn.
Serve these Crescent and Chicken Roll-Ups warm as an appetizer with dipping sauces like ranch dressing or barbecue sauce, or as a main dish alongside a salad or your favorite vegetable side.
- Variations: You can add other ingredients to the filling like diced bell peppers, bacon bits, or different types of cheese.
- Leftover Chicken: This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken, or you can use rotisserie chicken for convenience.
- Making Ahead: You can prepare the roll-ups in advance and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake.
- Preparation Time: Approximately 10-15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 22-30 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 200-250 per roll-up
- Protein: 10-15g per roll-up
- Sodium: Varies based on the crescent rolls and cheese used
Crescent and Chicken Roll-Ups are a delightful and convenient dish that brings together the comforting flavors of chicken and cheese wrapped in a flaky crescent pastry. They are perfect for a variety of occasions and are sure to be enjoyed by both kids and adults. Quick to prepare and full of flavor, these roll-ups are a wonderful addition to any meal or gathering.