Crispy Butter Chicken is a delightfully simple yet flavorsome dish that offers a comforting blend of tender chicken with a crispy, buttery crust. This dish uses basic ingredients like butter crackers for crunch and butter for richness, creating a mouth-watering golden coating. It’s an ideal meal for those who appreciate a twist on classic breaded chicken, offering a subtle hint of garlic and a buttery finish. This recipe is perfect for a family dinner, offering both simplicity in preparation and a crowd-pleasing taste.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ritz crackers (or similar butter crackers), crushed
- ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat Oven and Prepare Baking Dish: Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Take a baking dish and lightly grease it or line it with parchment paper.
- Prepare Chicken: If the chicken breasts are thick, you might want to pound them to an even thickness for uniform cooking.
- Season Chicken: Season the chicken breasts with garlic salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Dip in Egg: Dip each seasoned chicken breast into the beaten eggs, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Coat with Crackers: Roll the egg-coated chicken breasts in the crushed Ritz crackers, pressing gently to adhere the crumbs to the chicken.
- Arrange in Baking Dish: Place the crumb-coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- Add Butter: Dot the top of each chicken breast with small pieces of butter, distributing the butter evenly over the chicken.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit) and the crust is golden and crispy.
- Broil for Crispiness (Optional): For an extra crispy crust, you can broil the chicken for an additional 2-3 minutes at the end of cooking, watching closely to prevent burning.
- The chicken should be juicy on the inside with a crispy, golden exterior. The butter will melt and help to crisp the cracker coating while adding flavor.
- Serve this dish with a side of mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a simple salad.
- Drizzle with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or a light gravy for added flavor.
- For an extra garlicky flavor, add minced garlic or garlic powder to the cracker crumbs.
- To ensure even cooking, try not to overcrowd the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 per serving (depending on the size of the chicken breasts and amount of butter used)
- Protein: Roughly 25-30g per serving (mainly from the chicken)
- Sodium: Approximately 500-600mg per serving (varies with the garlic salt and crackers used)
Conclusion: Crispy Butter Chicken offers a delightful combination of tender, juicy chicken and a rich, buttery, crispy exterior. This dish, with its uncomplicated preparation and irresistible taste, is sure to be a hit at any family meal. Its versatility also allows for various accompaniments, making it a convenient and adaptable choice for a satisfying dinner.