Fireball Cookies are an intriguing blend of sweet and spicy flavors, offering a unique twist on traditional cookies. Infused with the warming heat of cinnamon and a touch of fiery spice, these cookies are perfect for those who enjoy a little kick in their sweets. Ideal for holiday gatherings, special occasions, or as a daring addition to a cookie exchange, Fireball Cookies are sure to ignite your taste buds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Cinnamon sugar for rolling
Step 1: Dry Ingredient Mixture
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Step 2: Creaming Butter and Sugars
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
Step 3: Combining the Ingredients
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Step 4: Chilling the Dough
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This step helps the cookies hold their shape while baking.
Step 5: Preparing for Baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- If using, roll the chilled dough into small balls and then roll each ball in cinnamon sugar.
- Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced about 2 inches apart.
Step 6: Baking
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper based on your heat preference. The spice level can be tailored to suit your taste.
- Serve these cookies with a cold glass of milk or a warm cup of tea to balance the spicy flavor.
- Ensure that the butter and eggs are at room temperature for better integration into the dough.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Chill Time: 1 hour Cooking Time: 12 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 100-120 per cookie
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 50mg
Conclusion: Fireball Cookies are a delightful and unique treat for those who enjoy a combination of sweet and spicy flavors. Whether you’re looking to add some excitement to your cookie repertoire or just want to try something different, these cookies are an excellent choice. Enjoy the warmth and spice of these Fireball Cookies at any gathering or as a special treat for yourself.
Discover More Unique Cookie Recipes at recipesen.com
For those who are intrigued by our Fireball Cookies recipe and are interested in more unique cookie ideas, recipesen.com is your go-to resource. Our website is filled with a variety of cookie recipes that range from classic favorites to innovative new creations. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, find your next cookie inspiration at recipesen.com.