Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a sumptuous dish that combines the rich flavors of garlic and shrimp with the hearty texture of spaghetti noodles. This recipe is perfect fora quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion meal. It’s a versatile dish that allows for personalization in terms of seasoning and herbs, making it a favorite for both garlic lovers and seafood enthusiasts.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles (adjust the amount depending on family size)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced (adjust according to personal taste)
- 1/4 cup butter
- Olive oil (for drizzling, about 3 drizzles)
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes (to taste, optional for heat)
- Salt (to taste)
- Herbs (according to taste, options could include parsley, basil, or oregano)
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti noodles and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Once cooked, drain the noodles, reserving a cup of pasta water for later, and set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Shrimp
While the pasta is cooking, rinse the shrimp and pat them dry. Season lightly with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Step 3: Cook the Shrimp
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant but not browned. Add the shrimp to the skillet, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
Step 4: Create the Sauce
In the same skillet, melt the 1/4 cup of butter. Add the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes (if using), and any additional herbs you prefer. Stir to combine and cook for another minute. If the sauce is too thick, add a little reserved pasta water to reach your desired consistency.
Step 5: Combine Pasta and Shrimp
Add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the skillet with the garlic-herb sauce. Toss well to coat the pasta evenly. Return the shrimp to the skillet and toss gently to combine everything.
Step 6: Serve
Serve the garlic shrimp pasta hot. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of fresh herbs, and additional red pepper flakes if desired.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery. Cooking them just until they turn pink ensures they remain tender and juicy.
- Garlic shrimp pasta can be served with a side of garlic bread and a fresh green salad for a complete meal.
- For an extra touch of freshness, serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the pasta.
- Garlic: Adjust the amount of garlic based on your preference. For a milder garlic flavor, use fewer cloves.
- Pasta Water: Reserve some pasta water before draining the noodles. The starchy water helps create a silky sauce that clings to the pasta.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs add a bright flavor to the dish. If using dried herbs, remember they have a more concentrated flavor than fresh ones, so use them sparingly.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 500-600 per serving (varies depending on the amount of pasta and olive oil used)
- Protein: 20-25g per serving (from the shrimp)
- Sodium: Will vary based on the amount of salt and seasoning used
Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a delicious, flavorful dish that’s perfect for anyone looking to enjoy a seafood pasta with a garlic twist. Its simplicity and quick preparation time make it an ideal choice for a satisfying dinner that’s sure to impress. Enjoy the blend of tender shrimp, aromatic garlic, and herbs in every bite!