No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars are a delightful treat that combines the rich flavors of chocolate and peanut butter with the wholesome goodness of rolled oats. These bars are perfect for those who love a sweet snack but don’t want the hassle of baking. They’re easy to prepare and ideal for busy days, potlucks, or as a tasty dessert for your family.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
Prepare an 8-inch square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper or greasing it lightly. This will help in easily removing the bars once they are set.
In a medium saucepan, melt the salted butter over low heat. Add the light brown sugar and vanilla extract to the melted butter. Stir the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, and sea salt. Pour the melted butter and sugar mixture over the oats. Mix well until all the oats are coated and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Transfer about half of the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish. Press it down firmly to form a compact and even layer. This will serve as the base of your bars.
In a small saucepan (or in the microwave), melt the milk chocolate chips and peanut butter together. Stir the mixture until it’s smooth and well combined. Pour this chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the oat layer in the baking dish, spreading it evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer. Gently press it down so it sticks to the chocolate layer.
Refrigerate the baking dish for at least 2-3 hours, or until the bars are set and firm.
Once set, remove the bars from the dish and cut them into squares or rectangles as desired.
These bars do not require baking, but they need sufficient time to set in the refrigerator. Ensure they are completely firm before cutting to maintain their shape.
No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars can be served as a dessert or a snack. They pair wonderfully with a glass of milk, coffee, or tea.
- Variations: You can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate for a different flavor profile.
- Nut Butter Options: Almond butter or cashew butter can be a great alternative to peanut butter.
- Add-ins: Consider adding raisins, nuts, or dried cranberries to the oat mixture for extra texture and flavor.
- Storage: Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Chilling Time: 2-3 hours
- Total Time: About 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 250-300 per bar
- Protein: 4-5g per bar
- Sodium: Varies based on the salt content of the butter and peanut butter used
No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars are a simple yet delicious treat that’s perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without the need for an oven. They are quick to make, rich in flavor, and offer a delightful combination of textures. Whether you’re making them for a special occasion or as a regular treat, these bars are sure to be a hit with both children and adults alike!