The Peanut Butter Chocolate Instant Pudding Pie is a decadent dessert that combines the rich flavors of chocolate and peanut butter into a creamy, indulgent pie. With a chocolate pie crust as its base, this no-bake recipe is perfect for those who want a delicious dessert without the hassle of turning on the oven. The combination of smooth peanut butter, sweet powdered sugar, and luxurious chocolate pudding, all topped with fluffy whipped topping, creates a dessert that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. This pie is ideal for special occasions, potlucks, or as a treat for the family.
- 5.9-ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping, divided use
- 2 (6-ounce) chocolate pie crusts
Step 1: Begin by preparing the chocolate pudding layer. In a large mixing bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding mix with 3 cups of whole milk. Whisk together for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Divide the pudding evenly between the two chocolate pie crusts, spreading it out to form a smooth layer. Place the crusts in the refrigerator to allow the pudding to set, about 5 minutes.
Step 2: While the pudding layer sets, prepare the peanut butter filling. In another mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy. Add in the creamy peanut butter and powdered sugar, and continue to beat the mixture until it is completely smooth and well combined.
Step 3: Take half of the whipped topping (about 8 ounces) and gently fold it into the peanut butter mixture. Be careful not to overmix, as you want to keep the filling light and fluffy.
Step 4: Remove the pie crusts from the refrigerator. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the set chocolate pudding layer, dividing it evenly between the two crusts. Smooth the peanut butter layer with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
Step 5: Top each pie with the remaining whipped topping, spreading it evenly to cover the peanut butter layer. For a decorative touch, you can swirl the topping with a spoon or spatula.
Step 6: Refrigerate the pies for at least 2 hours, or until set, before serving. This will ensure that the layers are firm and the flavors have melded together.
For a smoother, easier-to-spread peanut butter layer, ensure that the cream cheese is fully softened and that the peanut butter is at room temperature before mixing.
Serve the Peanut Butter Chocolate Instant Pudding Pie chilled, garnished with chocolate shavings, peanut butter chips, or a drizzle of melted peanut butter and chocolate sauce for an extra decadent touch.
- For a lighter version, you can use low-fat cream cheese, skim milk, and a light whipped topping.
- If you prefer a crunchier texture, sprinkle chopped peanuts or chocolate chips between the layers or on top of the pie before serving.
- Ensure the pie is fully chilled before slicing to achieve clean cuts and maintain the integrity of the layers.
- 20 minutes
- No cook time, but requires at least 2 hours of chilling
- 2 hours 20 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 500-600 per slice, depending on the brands of ingredients used.
- Protein: Approximately 10-15g per slice, mainly from the peanut butter and milk.
- Sodium: Approximately 400-500 mg per slice, varying with the ingredients’ brands.
The Peanut Butter Chocolate Instant Pudding Pie is a delightful dessert that’s both easy to make and incredibly satisfying. Its no-bake nature makes it a perfect choice for warm weather or whenever you’re in need of a quick, impressive dessert. The combination of creamy peanut butter, rich chocolate, and fluffy whipped topping, all nestled in a crunchy chocolate crust, creates a symphony of textures and flavors that peanut butter and chocolate lovers will adore.