Pork Chop Supreme is a hearty and savory dish that combines juicy pork chops with creamy potatoes and a rich mushroom sauce. This comforting meal is easy to prepareand perfect for a family dinner. The use of Lipton onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup provides a depth of flavor that complements the pork chops beautifully.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oil (for browning pork chops)
Step 1: Brown the Pork Chops
Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. Once the oil is hot, add the pork chops and brown them on both sides. You don’t need to cook them through at this point, just get a nice sear on the outside. Once browned, remove the pork chops from the skillet and drain any excess oil.
Step 2: Prepare the Potatoes
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Thinly slice the potatoes and arrange them in a layer in a greased baking dish.
Step 3: Make the Mushroom Sauce
In a bowl, mix together the can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 cup of milk, and the envelope of Lipton onion soup mix. Stir until well combined.
Step 4: Assemble the Dish
Place the browned pork chops on top of the sliced potatoes in the baking dish. Pour the mushroom soup mixture over the pork chops and potatoes, making sure they are well coated.
Step 5: Bake
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. The pork chops should be cooked through, and the potatoes should be tender.
Step 6: Serve
Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven. Serve the pork chops and potatoes hot, ensuring each plate gets a generous scoop of the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Make sure the potatoes are thinly sliced so they cook evenly and become tender in the oven.
Pork Chop Supreme pairs well with steamed vegetables, a crisp green salad, or a side of buttered rolls.
- Potato Choice: Use starchy potatoes like Russets for a creamier texture.
- Browning Pork Chops: Don’t overcrowd the skillet when browning the pork chops; do it in batches if necessary.
- Checking Doneness: Ensure the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) for safe consumption.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 per serving (varies based on the size of the pork chops and specific ingredients used)
- Protein: 25-30g per serving
- Sodium: Varies based on the onion soup mix and added salt
Pork Chop Supreme is a delicious and satisfying dish that’s perfect for a cozy family dinner. The combination of tender pork chops, creamy potatoes, and a flavorful mushroom sauce makes it a comforting meal that is sure to please everyone at the table. Enjoy the ease of preparation and the delightful flavors of this hearty dish.