Pull-Apart Pepperoni Pizza Bread is an irresistible, fun-to-eat twist on traditional pizza that combines the gooey, cheesy goodness of pizza with the tear-and-shareconvenience of pull-apart bread. Perfect for parties, game nights, or as a family-friendly meal, this recipe is sure to delight pizza lovers of all ages. Let’s dive into how to prepare this mouth-watering dish, including the ingredients needed, step-by-step instructions, cooking notes, serving suggestions, tips, and nutritional information.
- 32 oz chopped pizza dough
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Salt, pepper, pizza flakes to taste
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a bundt pan or a large baking dish with some of the melted butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and minced garlic. Chop the pizza dough into small bite-sized pieces, then toss these pieces in the butter and garlic mixture until well-coated.
Step 3: Add the Italian seasoning, a pinch of salt, pepper, and pizza flakes to taste to the dough mixture. Stir in the pepperoni slices and grated mozzarella cheese, ensuring each piece of dough gets some of the toppings.
Step 4: Layer the dough pieces into the prepared bundt pan or baking dish, creating a somewhat even layer. Don’t worry about being too precise; the charm of pull-apart bread is its rusticity.
Step 5: Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. If the top browns too quickly, you can cover it with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
Step 6: While the bread is baking, warm up the marinara or pizza sauce in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. This will be used for dipping.
Step 7: Once the bread is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, invert it onto a serving plate if you used a bundt pan.
The key to perfect pull-apart bread is ensuring that the dough pieces are evenly coated with the butter mixture and that the cheese and pepperoni are well-distributed. This ensures every bite is flavorful and moist.
Serve the Pull-Apart Pepperoni Pizza Bread warm, accompanied by the warmed marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. It’s perfect as a centerpiece for communal dining.
- For a lighter version, you can substitute half of the butter with olive oil and use turkey pepperoni and low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Feel free to customize the fillings according to your preferences. Additions like sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, or onions can add extra flavor and texture.
- If you’re in a rush, pre-made pizza dough from your local grocery store works great and saves time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 per serving, depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Protein: Roughly 15g per serving.
- Sodium: Approximately 800-1000mg per serving, but this can vary based on the dough, cheese, and pepperoni used.
Pull-Apart Pepperoni Pizza Bread is a delightful, interactive dish that brings the classic flavors of pizza into a shareable form. It’s a versatile recipe that can be customized to suit any taste, making it a perfect option for entertaining or a fun family dinner. The combination of soft, buttery bread, spicy pepperoni, and stretchy mozzarella, all complemented by a tangy marinara sauce, creates a comforting and satisfying meal that’s hard to resist. Enjoy the process of making it and the joy of pulling it apart piece by piece!