Shrimp Scampi, a classic dish made famous by Red Lobster, is a delightful combination of tender shrimp cooked in a garlicky, buttery sauce with a hint of lemon. This homemade versioncaptures the essence of the restaurant’s beloved recipe, offering a perfect balance of flavors and a touch of elegance. It’s an excellent choice for a special dinner or whenever you crave a seafood restaurant experience at home.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional: red pepper flakes for heat
Step 1: Prepare the Shrimp
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Cook the Shrimp
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Scampi Sauce
- In the same skillet, add the remaining butter and minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine or chicken broth, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. If using, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
Step 4: Combine Shrimp and Sauce
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce. Cook for another minute to heat the shrimp through.
Step 5: Garnish and Serve
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery.
- Serve the Shrimp Scampi over cooked pasta, rice, or with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
- For an alcohol-free version, use chicken broth instead of white wine.
- Add a splash of heavy cream to the sauce for a richer flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 250 per serving
- Protein: 24g
- Sodium: 300mg
Conclusion: Red Lobster-Inspired Shrimp Scampi is a simple yet elegant dish that’s sure to impress. It combines the succulent taste of shrimp with a rich and flavorful sauce, making it a perfect meal for seafood lovers. Whether for a date night, a special occasion, or a family dinner, this shrimp scampi recipe is a delightful way to bring the flavors of a seafood restaurant to your dining table.
Explore More Seafood Recipes at recipesen.com
If you’re inspired by our Red Lobster-Inspired Shrimp Scampi recipe and are looking for more seafood dishes, recipesen.com is your go-to source. Our website offers a wide array of seafood recipes, from simple and quick meals to sophisticated dishes, perfect for any occasion. Find your next favorite seafood recipe at recipesen.com.