Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs are a mouthwatering delight for anyone who loves the rich, savory taste of barbecued ribs but prefers a more hands-off cooking method. This recipe allows the slow cooker to do all the heavy lifting, resulting in ribs that are incredibly tender and infused with flavor. It’s an ideal dish for busy days, gatherings, or when you simply crave the comfort of a home-cooked meal.
- 2-3 pounds pork ribs (baby back or spare ribs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup water or apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (your choice of brand)
Step 1: Season the Ribs
- Start by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs, if present.
- Season the ribs generously with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Step 2: Prepare the Slow Cooker
- Pour water or apple juice into the bottom of the slow cooker. This will help to keep the ribs moist during cooking.
Step 3: Add Ribs to Slow Cooker
- Place the seasoned ribs in the slow cooker. You can wrap them around the inside of the cooker or cut them into smaller pieces if necessary.
Step 4: Cook the Ribs
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the ribs are tender.
Step 5: Add Barbecue Sauce
- Carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker and place them on a baking sheet.
- Brush the ribs generously with barbecue sauce on all sides.
Step 6: Broil for a Crisp Finish (Optional)
- If you prefer a crispy exterior, broil the ribs in the oven for a few minutes until the sauce is caramelized.
Step 7: Serve
- Serve the ribs hot, with extra barbecue sauce on the side if desired.
- Be gentle when removing the ribs from the slow cooker, as they will be very tender and may fall apart.
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs can be served with classic sides like coleslaw, cornbread, baked beans, or a fresh salad.
- For added flavor, you can rub the ribs with a dry rub and refrigerate them overnight before cooking.
- Experiment with different types of barbecue sauce to find your preferred flavor profile.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 6-8 hours Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes to 8 hours 15 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 400-450 per serving
- Protein: 35g
- Sodium: 500mg
Conclusion: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a delicious, low-effort meal. This method of cooking ribs results in a dish that’s not only tender and flavorful but also incredibly convenient. Whether for a casual family dinner or a special occasion, these ribs are sure to satisfy any barbecue lover.
Explore More Slow Cooker Recipes at recipesen.com
If you’re inspired by our Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs recipe and are looking for more slow cooker meal ideas, recipesen.com is your ideal culinary resource. Our website offers a wide range of slow cooker recipes, perfect for effortless and delicious cooking. Discover your next favorite slow cooker dish at recipesen.com.