Strawberries in the Snow is an exquisite dessert that perfectly captures the essence of sweetness and freshness, embodying a delightful harmony of textures andflavors. This dessert features a light and airy angel food cake layered with a luscious cream cheese and whipped topping mixture, topped with succulent strawberries and a glossy strawberry glaze. It’s a visually stunning and palate-pleasing treat that’s perfect for special occasions, family gatherings, or whenever you desire a dessert that’s as delightful to the eyes as it is to the taste buds.
- 1 baked angel food cake (boxed mix can be used)
- 2 packages (8 oz/250g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tub (16 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 quart strawberries, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tub (14 oz) strawberry glaze
Step 1: Prepare the Angel Food Cake
Bake the angel food cake according to the instructions on the box. Allow it to cool completely after baking. Once cooled, cut the cake into bite-sized cubes or tear it into small pieces. This will form the base layer of your dessert.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
In a large mixing bowl, combine two packages of softened cream cheese with 2 cups of powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until it’s smooth and creamy. Ensure that the cream cheese is adequately softened for ease of mixing and to prevent lumps.
Step 3: Add Whipped Topping
Gently fold in the thawed whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Be careful to maintain the light and fluffy texture of the whipped topping. This mixture will provide a creamy and rich layer that complements the lightness of the angel food cake.
Step 4: Layer the Dessert
In a large serving dish or trifle bowl, begin by laying half of the angel food cake pieces at the bottom. Spread half of the cream cheese and whipped topping mixture over the cake layer. Arrange half of the thinly sliced strawberries on top of the cream mixture. Drizzle a generous amount of strawberry glaze over the strawberries.
Step 5: Repeat the Layers
Repeat the layering process with the remaining angel food cake, cream cheese mixture, sliced strawberries, and strawberry glaze. Ensure the top layer is attractively arranged as it will be visible and add to the dessert’s appeal.
- It’s important to let the angel food cake cool completely before layering to prevent the cream cheese mixture from melting.
Serve “Strawberries in the Snow” chilled. It’s a perfect dessert for spring and summer gatherings, offering a refreshing and not overly heavy end to any meal. It can also be served during the holidays or special occasions for a visually appealing and delightful treat.
- Freshness of Strawberries: Use fresh and ripe strawberries for the best flavor and presentation.
- Slicing Strawberries: Slice strawberries uniformly for a neat and attractive appearance.
- Chilling Time: For best results, chill the dessert for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: Time to bake the angel food cake (as per box instructions)
- Total Time: 1 hour (including cooling and assembly)
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 per serving (varies based on the serving size and specific brands of ingredients used)
- Protein: 4-6g per serving
- Sodium: Varies based on the ingredients used
“Strawberries in the Snow” is a delightful, visually appealing, and scrumptious dessert that perfectly marries the lightness of angel food cake with the richness of cream cheese and the sweetness of strawberries. It’s a versatile dessert that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering, offering a refreshing yet indulgent flavor profile that’s hard to resist. Whether for a special occasion or as a delightful treat, this dessert is sure to please a wide range of palates.