Dill Pickle Pinwheels are a fun and flavorful snack perfect for parties, picnics, or as a delightful addition to your lunchbox. Combining the tangy taste of dill pickles with creamycream cheese and aromatic spices wrapped in soft tortillas, these pinwheels are sure to be a hit with pickle lovers and anyone looking for a tasty bite.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup thinly sliced dill pickles
Step 1: Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with dried dill weed, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until the ingredients are fully incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preference.
Step 2: Spread the Mixture
Lay out the flour tortillas on a clean, flat surface. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each tortilla, covering the surface while leaving a small border around the edges to prevent the mixture from spilling out when rolled.
Step 3: Add the Pickles
Distribute the thinly sliced dill pickles over the cream cheese layer on each tortilla. Arrange the pickle slices in a single layer to ensure every bite has a tangy crunch.
Step 4: Roll the Tortillas
Carefully roll each tortilla tightly to encase the filling. To help the pinwheels hold their shape, press gently as you roll. Ensure the roll is secure but not too tight, as the filling might ooze out.
Step 5: Chill
Wrap the rolled tortillas individually in plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. Chilling makes the pinwheels easier to slice and helps them hold their shape.
Step 6: Slice and Serve
After chilling, use a sharp knife to slice each roll into 1-inch pinwheels. Arrange the pinwheels on a serving platter. They can be served as is or garnished with additional dill weed for a decorative touch.
- For a variation, you can add thinly sliced ham or turkey on top of the cream cheese layer before adding the pickles for an extra layer of flavor.
Dill Pickle Pinwheels can be served as an appetizer at gatherings, as a fun snack for movie night, or packed for a flavorful lunchtime treat.
- Softened Cream Cheese: Ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature to make spreading easier and prevent tearing the tortillas.
- Pickle Selection: Use well-drained, pat-dried pickles to avoid making the tortillas soggy.
- Slicing: For clean cuts, use a serrated knife and saw gently through the pinwheels.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Calories: Approximately 100-150 per pinwheel (varies based on the size and specific ingredients used)
- Protein: 2-3g per serving
- Sodium: Will vary based on the pickles and added salt
Dill Pickle Pinwheels offer a delightful blend of creamy, tangy, and savory flavors in every bite. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, these pinwheels are a unique and tasty snack that’s sure to please a crowd or serve as a personal treat. Give them a try and enjoy the irresistible combination of dill pickles and cream cheese in a fun, bite-sized form.