Quiche is a classic French dish that is perfect for any meal of the day. It is a versatile dish that can be made with a variety of ingredients, making it easy to customize to your liking. However, making quiche can be a time-consuming and daunting task for some. Fortunately, I have a recipe for a 4 ingredient quiche that is quick and easy to make.
This 4 ingredient quiche recipe is perfect for busy mornings or when you want a quick and easy meal. It requires just a handful of ingredients, making it a hassle-free option for those who are short on time. This recipe is also great for those who are new to cooking or who are looking for a simple recipe to add to their collection.
- The 4 ingredient quiche recipe is quick and easy to make.
- This recipe is perfect for busy mornings or when you want a hassle-free meal.
- It requires just a handful of ingredients, making it a great option for those who are new to cooking or who are looking for a simple recipe to add to their collection.
Essential Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Quiche Recipe
When it comes to making a delicious 4 Ingredient Quiche, the quality of the ingredients used is key. In this section, I will discuss the four essential ingredients needed to make a perfect quiche.
Eggs are the main ingredient in a quiche and provide the base for the filling. It is essential to use fresh eggs that are at room temperature for the best results. The number of eggs used in a quiche recipe can vary depending on the size of the quiche, but typically three to four eggs are used. Be sure to whisk the eggs well to ensure they are fully incorporated and create a smooth filling.
Milk or Cream
Milk or cream is added to the eggs to create a rich and creamy filling. Whole milk or heavy cream can be used, and some recipes call for a combination of both. The amount of milk or cream used can vary depending on the desired consistency of the filling. It is important to use full-fat milk or cream to achieve the best flavor and texture.
Cheese is an optional but highly recommended ingredient in a quiche. It adds flavor and richness to the filling. Some popular cheese options for quiche include cheddar, Gruyere, and feta. The cheese can be shredded or crumbled and should be added to the egg mixture before pouring it into the crust.
A pie crust is the vessel that holds the quiche filling. It is important to use a high-quality pie crust that is flaky and buttery. A pre-made crust can be used for convenience, but a homemade crust will provide the best flavor and texture. Blind baking the crust before adding the filling will help prevent a soggy crust.
In summary, the four essential ingredients for a perfect 4 Ingredient Quiche are eggs, milk or cream, cheese, and pie crust. Using high-quality ingredients and following the recipe closely will ensure a delicious and satisfying quiche.
Preparation Overview for 4 Ingredient Quiche Recipe
Preparing a 4 Ingredient Quiche is quick and easy, and it requires minimal effort. In this section, I will provide a brief overview of the preparation process, including preheating the oven, preparing the crust, mixing the filling, and assembling the quiche.
Preheat the Oven
The first step in preparing a 4 Ingredient Quiche is to preheat the oven to 375°F. This will ensure that the oven is hot enough to cook the quiche evenly. While the oven is heating up, you can begin preparing the crust.
Prepare the Crust
To prepare the crust, you will need a ready-made pie crust. You can use either a frozen or refrigerated crust, depending on your preference. If you are using a frozen crust, make sure to thaw it before using it. Once the crust is ready, place it in a 9-inch pie dish and press it firmly against the sides and bottom of the dish.
Mix the Filling
The filling for the 4 Ingredient Quiche is made up of just four ingredients: eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 4 large eggs, 1 cup of milk, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper until well combined.
Assemble the Quiche
To assemble the quiche, pour the filling into the prepared pie crust, making sure to distribute it evenly. Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
Overall, preparing a 4 Ingredient Quiche is a simple and straightforward process. With just a few basic ingredients and minimal effort, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Cooking Instructions for 4 Ingredient Quiche Recipe
Pour Filling into Crust
After preparing the crust, pour the filling mixture into the crust. If using a pre-made crust, ensure that the crust has been thawed before pouring in the filling. The filling mixture should be evenly distributed in the crust.
Bake the Quiche
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the quiche on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown. To check if the filling is set, insert a toothpick in the center of the quiche. If it comes out clean, the quiche is done.
Cooling and Serving
After removing the quiche from the oven, allow it to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. This will allow the filling to set and make it easier to slice. Serve the quiche warm or at room temperature. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To summarize, pour the filling into the crust, bake the quiche for 30-35 minutes, and allow it to cool before serving. With just 4 ingredients, this quiche is a simple and delicious breakfast or brunch option.
Variations and Add-Ins
When it comes to making a 4 ingredient quiche, the possibilities are endless with the add-ins and variations you can try. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Vegetables are a great way to add flavor and nutrition to your quiche. Some of my favorites include:
- Spinach: adds a delicious earthy flavor and a pop of color to your quiche. Simply sauté a handful of spinach and add it to your egg mixture.
- Tomatoes: add a sweet and juicy flavor to your quiche. Simply slice them and add them to the bottom of your crust before pouring in the egg mixture.
- Mushrooms: add a meaty texture and a savory umami flavor to your quiche. Simply sauté a handful of mushrooms and add them to your egg mixture.
Meats are a great way to add protein and flavor to your quiche. Some of my favorites include:
- Bacon: adds a smoky and salty flavor to your quiche. Simply cook a few strips of bacon and crumble them into your egg mixture.
- Ham: adds a sweet and salty flavor to your quiche. Simply chop up a few slices of ham and add them to your egg mixture.
- Sausage: adds a spicy and savory flavor to your quiche. Simply cook a few links of sausage and crumble them into your egg mixture.
Herbs and Spices
Herbs and spices are a great way to add depth and complexity to your quiche. Some of my favorites include:
- Thyme: adds a warm and earthy flavor to your quiche. Simply sprinkle a few leaves over your egg mixture before baking.
- Garlic: adds a pungent and savory flavor to your quiche. Simply mince a few cloves of garlic and add them to your egg mixture.
- Nutmeg: adds a warm and spicy flavor to your quiche. Simply grate a pinch of nutmeg over your egg mixture before baking.
Storage and Reheating
When it comes to storing and reheating 4 Ingredient Quiche, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure that your quiche stays fresh and delicious. In this section, I will cover the best practices for refrigeration, freezing, and reheating.
If you have leftover quiche, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To do this, wrap the quiche tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. This will help prevent the quiche from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors from the fridge.
If you want to freeze your quiche, it’s best to do so before baking it. To freeze the quiche, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can freeze the quiche for up to 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to reheat your quiche, there are a few different methods you can use. Here are some of the most popular ways to reheat 4 Ingredient Quiche:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Remove the quiche from the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Cover the crust with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning. Bake the quiche for 15-20 minutes or until it’s heated through.
- Microwave: Place a slice of quiche on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a damp paper towel. Microwave the quiche on high for 30-60 seconds or until it’s heated through.
- Toaster Oven: Preheat your toaster oven to 350°F. Place the quiche on a baking sheet and cover the crust with aluminum foil. Bake the quiche for 15-20 minutes or until it’s heated through.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your 4 Ingredient Quiche stays fresh and delicious, even when reheated.
When it comes to nutritional information, this 4 Ingredient Quiche Recipe is a great option for a balanced meal. Here’s a breakdown of the key nutrients in this recipe:
Eggs are the main ingredient in this quiche recipe, providing a good source of protein and healthy fats. One large egg contains about 6 grams of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. Eggs also contain choline, which is important for brain health and development.
Cheese is another source of protein in this recipe, and it also provides calcium for strong bones and teeth. However, cheese is also high in saturated fat and sodium, so it should be consumed in moderation.
This recipe calls for chopped vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms. These vegetables provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for a healthy diet. Vegetables are also low in calories, making them a great option for weight management.
The pie crust in this recipe provides carbohydrates for energy, but it is also high in fat and calories. To make this recipe healthier, you can use a whole wheat pie crust or skip the crust altogether.
Overall, this 4 Ingredient Quiche Recipe is a great option for a balanced meal that provides protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients. By making some modifications to the recipe, such as using a whole wheat pie crust and reducing the amount of cheese, you can make it even healthier.
Frequently Asked Questions
What ingredients are essential for a simple four-ingredient quiche?
To make a basic four-ingredient quiche, you will need eggs, heavy cream, cheese, and a pie crust. However, you can add other ingredients to enhance the flavor, such as salt, pepper, and herbs. You can also use different types of cheese, such as cheddar, Swiss, or feta, to add variety.
Can a quiche be made successfully without a crust?
Yes, you can make a crustless quiche by simply omitting the pie crust. This is a great option for those who are gluten-free or watching their carb intake. Instead of a crust, you can use a greased pie dish or muffin tin to bake the quiche.
What are some quick and easy filling combinations for a basic quiche?
Some popular filling combinations for a basic quiche include spinach and feta, bacon and cheddar, ham and Swiss, and mushroom and onion. You can also use leftover vegetables or meats to create your own unique flavor combinations.
Which type of cheese enhances the flavor of a quiche the most?
The type of cheese you use in a quiche depends on your personal preference, but some popular options include cheddar, Swiss, and feta. Cheddar cheese adds a sharp flavor, while Swiss cheese adds a nutty flavor. Feta cheese adds a tangy flavor that pairs well with spinach and other vegetables.
Is it necessary to pre-bake the crust for a quiche to prevent sogginess?
Pre-baking the crust is not necessary, but it can help prevent the crust from becoming soggy. To pre-bake the crust, simply prick the bottom with a fork, line it with parchment paper, and fill it with pie weights or dried beans. Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes before adding the filling.
What are the benefits of using milk or heavy cream in a quiche’s custard?
Milk or heavy cream is used in a quiche’s custard to add richness and creaminess to the dish. Heavy cream has a higher fat content than milk, which makes the custard thicker and more decadent. However, you can use milk instead of heavy cream if you prefer a lighter texture.
Delight in the simplicity and elegance of our 4 Ingredient Quiche Recipe. Perfect for a quick breakfast, brunch, or light dinner, this recipe combines essential ingredients to create a delicious, savory quiche with minimal effort. It’s a go-to dish for busy days and impressing guests alike.
- 1 pre-made pie crust (9-inch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or Swiss)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Unroll the pie crust and press it into a 9-inch pie dish. Crimp the edges as desired.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream (or milk) until well combined.
- Stir in the grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the quiche is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Feel free to add any cooked vegetables or meats to the quiche.
- Letting the quiche rest before cutting helps it set and makes for easier slicing.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
Keywords: Quiche Recipe, Easy Quiche, 4 Ingredient Meal, Simple Breakfast Quiche