If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish to complement your meal, then glazed carrots are a great option. Not only are they delicious, but they also add some color to your plate. This recipe only requires four simple ingredients, making it a breeze to prepare.
The ingredients for this recipe are carrots, butter, brown sugar, and water. You probably already have these items in your pantry, so no need to make a special trip to the grocery store. You’ll also need a skillet and a stirring spoon to cook the carrots to perfection.
In just 15 minutes, you can have a flavorful side dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re serving it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just a regular dinner night, these glazed carrots are sure to impress. So, let’s get started with the recipe!
- Glazed carrots are a quick and easy side dish that can complement any meal.
- This recipe only requires four simple ingredients: carrots, butter, brown sugar, and water.
- With just 15 minutes of cooking time, you can have a flavorful dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients List for Glazed Carrots Recipe
To make this easy 4 ingredient glazed carrots recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Carrots: You will need 1 pound of fresh carrots. Look for firm, plump, bright, and smooth carrots. Rinse the carrots under cool running water and let them drain before using them in the recipe.
- Butter: You will need 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Melt the butter in a medium or large skillet over medium heat before adding the carrots.
- Brown Sugar: You will need 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar. Add the sugar to the skillet with the carrots and butter and stir until it dissolves.
- Water: You will need 1 cup of water. Add the water to the skillet with the carrots, butter, and brown sugar.
That’s it! With just four simple ingredients, you can make a delicious glazed carrots side dish that will complement any meal. The sweetness of the brown sugar and the richness of the butter combine to create a flavor that is both savory and sweet. Plus, the bright orange color of the carrots makes this dish visually appealing as well.
Kitchen Tools Needed
To make this Easy 4 Ingredient Glazed Carrots Recipe, you will need a few basic kitchen tools that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here is a list of the essential kitchen tools:
1. Vegetable Peeler
You will need a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots. A good quality vegetable peeler will make the task easier and faster. You can use a Y-shaped peeler or a straight peeler, whichever you prefer.
2. Chef’s Knife
A sharp chef’s knife is essential for cutting the carrots into even slices. A dull knife will make the task difficult and can result in uneven slices. So, make sure your knife is sharp before you start.
3. Cutting Board
You will need a cutting board to cut the carrots. A good quality cutting board will make the task easier and safer. You can use a wooden cutting board or a plastic cutting board, whichever you prefer.
4. Skillet or Frying Pan
You will need a skillet or frying pan to cook the carrots. A non-stick skillet or frying pan will make the task easier and will prevent the carrots from sticking to the pan.
5. Wooden Spoon or Spatula
You will need a wooden spoon or spatula to stir the carrots while cooking. A wooden spoon or spatula will not scratch the non-stick surface of the skillet or frying pan.
With these basic kitchen tools, you can easily make this Easy 4 Ingredient Glazed Carrots Recipe in no time.
Preparation Steps for Glazed Carrots Recipe
Making glazed carrots is a breeze, and with only four ingredients, it’s an easy side dish to whip up in no time. Here are the steps to make this delicious glazed carrots recipe.
Step 1: Prepare the carrots
Peel and slice the carrots into bite-sized pieces. You can cut them into rounds or sticks, depending on your preference. It’s important to slice them evenly so that they cook evenly. You will need about 1 pound of carrots for this recipe.
Step 2: Cook the carrots
In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the prepared carrots to the skillet and toss them in the melted butter to coat. Cook the carrots for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown.
Step 3: Add the glaze
Add 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/4 cup of water to the skillet. Stir everything together and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the carrots simmer for another 5-10 minutes, or until they are tender and the glaze has thickened.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy
Once the carrots are cooked, remove them from the heat and transfer them to a serving dish. You can garnish them with some chopped parsley or thyme for some extra flavor and color. Serve them as a side dish with your favorite main course, and enjoy your delicious glazed carrots!
Making glazed carrots is a simple and easy process that requires only four ingredients. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start by peeling and slicing the carrots into thin rounds. You can use a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife for this task.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the sliced carrots to the skillet and toss to coat them with butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the carrots and stir until the sugar dissolves. You can use a wooden spoon or a spatula for this task.
- Add water to the skillet until the carrots are almost covered. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let the carrots simmer for 10-15 minutes or until they are tender. You can check the carrots by piercing them with a fork.
- Once the carrots are tender, remove the lid and increase the heat to high. Cook the carrots for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are glazed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the carrots cool for a few minutes before serving.
That’s it! You now have a delicious and easy 4-ingredient glazed carrots recipe that can be enjoyed as a side dish with any meal.
Once you have prepared your Easy 4 Ingredient Glazed Carrots, it’s time to think about how to serve them. These sweet and savory carrots make a perfect side dish for a wide range of meals, from casual weeknight dinners to holiday feasts.
Here are a few serving suggestions to help you enjoy your glazed carrots:
- Pair with roasted meats: The sweet glaze on these carrots pairs perfectly with roasted meats, such as chicken, beef, or pork. Serve the carrots alongside your favorite cut of meat for a delicious and well-rounded meal.
- Add to salads: Glazed carrots can add a pop of color and flavor to any salad. Simply chop the carrots into bite-sized pieces and toss them with your favorite greens, nuts, and dressings.
- Serve with rice or quinoa: For a filling and nutritious meal, serve your glazed carrots with a side of rice or quinoa. The sweetness of the carrots pairs well with the nuttiness of the grains, creating a satisfying and flavorful dish.
- Top with herbs or nuts: To add some extra flavor and texture to your glazed carrots, try topping them with fresh herbs or chopped nuts. Parsley, thyme, and rosemary all pair well with glazed carrots, as do almonds, pecans, and walnuts.
Overall, there are many ways to enjoy your Easy 4 Ingredient Glazed Carrots. Whether you’re looking for a side dish to complement your main course or a flavorful addition to your favorite salad, these carrots are sure to impress.
If you’re watching your calorie intake, you’ll be happy to know that this easy 4-ingredient glazed carrots recipe is a healthy side dish option. A serving of 1 cup of cooked carrots contains only 82 calories, making it a low-calorie dish that you can enjoy guilt-free.
Carrots are also a great source of dietary fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied. A serving of cooked carrots contains about 3.6 grams of fiber, which is about 14% of the daily recommended intake.
Additionally, carrots are rich in vitamin A, which is essential for good vision, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. A serving of cooked carrots contains about 428% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin A.
While this glazed carrots recipe does contain butter and brown sugar, you can use substitutes such as coconut oil and honey to make it a healthier option. You can also adjust the amount of glaze you use to control the calorie and sugar intake.
Overall, this easy 4-ingredient glazed carrots recipe is a nutritious and delicious side dish that you can enjoy with your meals.
Storage and Reheating Tips
Once you’ve cooked your glazed carrots, you may have leftovers that you want to save for later. Here are some tips on how to store and reheat your glazed carrots:
- Store leftover glazed carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure the glazed carrots have cooled down before storing them in the refrigerator.
- If you have a large batch of glazed carrots, you can divide them into smaller portions before storing them.
- Label the container with the date you stored the glazed carrots so you can keep track of when they were made.
- To reheat glazed carrots, you can use a microwave or stovetop.
- If using a microwave, place the glazed carrots in a microwave-safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the glazed carrots are heated through.
- If using a stovetop, place the glazed carrots in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- You can add a little bit of water or butter to the glazed carrots when reheating to help them retain their moisture and prevent them from drying out.
- Be careful not to overheat the glazed carrots as this can cause them to become mushy.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your glazed carrots even after they’ve been stored in the refrigerator.
My Personal Experience with 4-Ingredient Glazed Carrots Recipe
If you are looking for a quick, easy, and delicious side dish, then the 4-ingredient glazed carrots recipe is a perfect choice. I tried this recipe last week, and I was pleasantly surprised by how simple and tasty it was.
The recipe calls for only four ingredients – carrots, butter, brown sugar, and water. The first step is to steam the carrots until they are crisp-tender. Then, in a saucepan, melt the butter and add brown sugar and water to make a glaze. Finally, add the steamed carrots to the glaze and cook for a few minutes until the carrots are coated in the glaze.
I found this recipe to be very easy to follow, and the results were fantastic. The carrots were perfectly cooked and had a delicious sweet and savory flavor. The glaze was not too sweet, and it complemented the natural sweetness of the carrots very well.
One thing I really liked about this recipe is that it is very versatile. You can easily adjust the amount of brown sugar to make the glaze sweeter or less sweet, depending on your taste preferences. You can also add other ingredients like garlic, herbs, or spices to the glaze to give it more flavor.
Overall, I would highly recommend this 4-ingredient glazed carrots recipe to anyone looking for a quick and easy side dish that is both delicious and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What ingredients are needed for a simple glazed carrots dish?
To make a simple glazed carrot dish, you will need four main ingredients: carrots, butter, brown sugar, and honey. You can also add salt and pepper to taste. Some recipes may call for additional ingredients like cinnamon, nutmeg, or orange zest, but these are optional.
Can I use white sugar instead of brown sugar for carrot glazing?
While brown sugar is the traditional choice for glazing carrots, you can use white sugar as a substitute. However, keep in mind that white sugar does not have the same depth of flavor as brown sugar. If you use white sugar, you may want to add a pinch of molasses or maple syrup to the glaze to add some complexity to the flavor.
How can I prepare glazed baby carrots in the oven?
To prepare glazed baby carrots in the oven, preheat your oven to 400°F. Toss the baby carrots with melted butter, brown sugar, and honey in a large bowl until they are well coated. Spread the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and caramelized.
What alternatives to honey can be used for glazing carrots?
If you don’t have honey on hand or prefer a different flavor, you can use maple syrup, agave nectar, or corn syrup as a substitute. Keep in mind that these alternatives may have a slightly different flavor profile than honey, so you may need to adjust the other ingredients in the recipe accordingly.
How do you achieve a caramelized texture with carrots?
To achieve a caramelized texture with carrots, it’s important to cook them over high heat and avoid overcrowding the pan. This allows the natural sugars in the carrots to caramelize and develop a rich, sweet flavor. You can also add a pinch of salt to the carrots to draw out their natural moisture and help them caramelize more quickly.
What additional flavors complement glazed carrots well?
Glazed carrots are a versatile side dish that pairs well with a variety of flavors. Some popular additions include fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary, chopped nuts like pecans or almonds, or a sprinkle of citrus zest for a bright, tangy flavor. You can also experiment with different spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cumin to add depth and complexity to the dish.
Discover the simplicity and deliciousness of our Easy 4 Ingredient Glazed Carrots Recipe. Perfect as a healthy side dish, these carrots are glazed to perfection, offering a delightful combination of sweetness and tenderness.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced carrots and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the carrots and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and glazed (about 10-12 minutes).
- Season with salt to taste and serve warm.
- For a vegan version, substitute butter with a plant-based alternative.
- Adjust the sweetness by increasing or reducing the brown sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: Glazed Carrots, Easy Carrot Recipe, 4 Ingredient Side Dish, Quick Vegetable Recipe