panera souffle recipe is a popular bakery-cafe chain that offers a variety of delicious pastries and baked goods. One of their most famous items is the souffle, which is a fluffy and savory dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Many people wonder how they can make panera souffle recipe at home, and fortunately, there are several recipes available that can help them achieve that.
Understanding panera souffle recipe is essential before attempting to make it at home. panera souffle recipe is a baked egg dish that is made with various ingredients such as cheese, spinach, artichoke, ham, and bacon. It is served in a small ramekin and has a light and airy texture that is both satisfying and filling. The souffle is also a great option for those who are looking for a low-carb or keto-friendly meal.
- panera souffle recipe is a baked egg dish that is light and airy in texture.
- The souffle can be made with various ingredients such as cheese, spinach, artichoke, ham, and bacon.
- The souffle is a great low-carb or keto-friendly meal option.
Understanding panera souffle recipe
panera souffle recipe is a baked egg dish that has become a popular breakfast item at the restaurant. The souffle is known for its light and fluffy texture, and it comes in a variety of flavors, including spinach and artichoke, four cheese, and ham and Swiss.
To make the souffle, Panera uses a mixture of eggs, milk, cheese, and other ingredients, which are then baked in a ramekin until the dish is puffy and golden brown. The souffle is typically served hot and can be enjoyed as a standalone breakfast item or paired with other menu items, such as a pastry or coffee.
One of the unique aspects of Panera’s souffle is its customizable nature. Customers can choose from a variety of flavors and sizes, allowing them to tailor the dish to their specific tastes and dietary needs. Additionally, the souffle can be reheated easily, making it a convenient option for busy mornings or on-the-go breakfasts.
Overall, panera souffle recipe is a delicious and versatile breakfast option that has become a popular menu item at the restaurant. Its light and fluffy texture, customizable flavors, and convenience make it a go-to choice for many customers.
Ingredients Needed for panera souffle recipe
To make a delicious panera souffle recipe, there are a few main ingredients that you will need. These include:
- Eggs: The star of the show! You will need 6 large eggs for this recipe.
- Milk: Whole milk is recommended for the creamiest texture. You will need 1 cup of milk.
- Cheese: Shredded Swiss cheese is a must for this recipe, but you can also add other cheeses like Monterey Jack, cheddar, or Asiago. You will need a total of 1 cup of cheese.
- Ham: Diced ham adds a savory and salty flavor to the souffle. You will need 1 cup of diced ham.
- Vegetables: Fresh spinach, red bell pepper, and yellow onion are the vegetables used in this recipe. They add color and nutrition to the dish.
Spices and Seasonings
In addition to the main ingredients, you will also need some spices and seasonings to add flavor to the souffle. These include:
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavor of the souffle.
- Black pepper: Freshly ground black pepper adds a nice kick to the dish.
- Garlic powder: A small amount of garlic powder adds a subtle garlic flavor to the souffle.
With these ingredients, you can make a mouthwatering panera souffle recipe that is sure to impress your guests.
Preparation Process for panera souffle recipe
Preparation of Dough
To make the panera souffle recipe, the first step is to prepare the dough. The ingredients required for the dough include puff pastry, eggs, and a little water. The puff pastry should be thawed before use. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Cut the dough into squares or circles, depending on the size of the ramekin. The dough should be large enough to cover the ramekin with some excess dough hanging over the edges.
Preparation of Filling
The filling for the Panera Souffle includes eggs, milk, cheese, and other ingredients based on the flavor of the souffle. To make the filling, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add cheese and other ingredients like spinach, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, or prosciutto to the mixture. Stir the mixture until the ingredients are well combined.
To assemble the souffle, grease the ramekins with butter or cooking spray. Place the puff pastry dough in the ramekin, pressing it firmly against the bottom and sides. Use a fork to prick holes in the bottom of the dough to prevent it from rising. Add the filling mixture to the ramekin, filling it about 3/4 full.
Fold the excess dough over the top of the mixture, sealing the filling inside. Use a pastry brush to brush the top of the dough with egg wash. This will give the souffle a golden brown color when baked.
Bake the souffle in a preheated oven at 375°F for about 17 to 20 minutes until the eggs are cooked, and the top of the dough is evenly browned or puffed up. Remove the Panera Souffle from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Baking Instructions for Panera Souffle Recipe
Preheating the Oven
Start making your Panera souffle by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). This specific temperature helps you get that soft, fluffy texture, ensuring the souffle cooks evenly.
Baking Time and Temperature
After preheating, put your ramekins or pie pan with the souffle mixture into the oven. You should bake the souffle for about 17-20 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, adjusting the duration as needed. You’ll know it’s ready when it turns golden brown on top and a toothpick you insert in the middle comes out clean.
Remember, the exact baking times might differ depending on your ramekin or pie pan size. If you’re using larger ramekins, you might need more time, whereas smaller ones might take less.
After the souffle finishes baking, take it out of the oven and set it aside to cool for a few minutes. Whether served hot or warm, this souffle makes a delightful contribution to any breakfast or brunch spread.
panera souffle recipe Serving Suggestions
Once you have prepared your delicious panera souffle recipe, you may be wondering what to serve it with. Here are a few suggestions to help you make the most of your meal:
- Salads: A light, refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment to a rich and savory soufflé. Consider serving your soufflé alongside a simple green salad, or try something more adventurous, like a roasted beet and goat cheese salad.
- Bread: A warm, crusty loaf of bread is the perfect way to round out your meal. Consider serving your soufflé with a slice of artisan bread, or try something more rustic, like a hearty sourdough.
- Fruit: A sweet and juicy fruit salad is the perfect way to balance out the richness of your soufflé. Try serving your soufflé with a side of fresh berries or sliced peaches.
- Wine: A glass of wine can be the perfect way to complement the flavors of your soufflé. Consider serving your soufflé with a crisp white wine, like a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
Whatever you choose to serve with your soufflé, be sure to enjoy it slowly and savor each bite. With its rich, creamy texture and bold, cheesy flavor, a Panera soufflé is truly a meal to be savored.
panera souffle recipe Storage and Reheating Tips
panera souffle recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. It is important to keep them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
To reheat a Panera soufflé, preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup later on. Remove any plastic wrap or other packaging from the leftover soufflé carefully. Place the soufflé on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Another option is to refrigerate the soufflé and reheat it in the oven the next day. This will give the soufflé time to settle and may result in a slightly denser texture, but it will still be delicious.
It is not recommended to reheat soufflés in the microwave as it can cause the soufflé to become rubbery and lose its texture.
If you are making a large batch of soufflés, consider freezing them for later use. To freeze, wrap the soufflés tightly in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw the soufflés in the refrigerator overnight and follow the instructions for reheating in the oven.
By following these storage and reheating tips, you can enjoy the delicious taste of Panera soufflés anytime, anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in Panera’s soufflés?
panera souffle recipe are made with a variety of ingredients, depending on the flavor. However, the base ingredients for all of their soufflés include eggs, milk, and cheese. Some of the other ingredients used in their soufflés include spinach, bacon, ham, and red bell peppers.
How much does Panera charge for their egg soufflés?
The price of Panera’s egg soufflés varies depending on location and flavor. However, as of 2023, the average price for a soufflé at Panera is around $4.50.
Is Panera’s soufflés a healthy choice?
Panera’s soufflés don’t rank as the healthiest choice on their menu. Though they provide protein and some essential vitamins, they also pack high levels of calories, fat, and sodium. It’s wise to enjoy them occasionally and complement them with a healthier side, like a salad or fruit.
What is the nutrition information for Panera’s 4 Cheese Soufflé?
Panera’s 4 Cheese Soufflé contains 610 calories, 44g of fat, 28g of saturated fat, 1,320mg of sodium, 29g of carbohydrates, 1g of fiber, 4g of sugar, and 23g of protein.
What is the nutrition information for Panera’s Spinach and Bacon Soufflé?
Panera’s Spinach and Bacon Soufflé contains 530 calories, 37g of fat, 18g of saturated fat, 1,100mg of sodium, 28g of carbohydrates, 1g of fiber, 3g of sugar, and 20g of protein.
Why did Panera discontinue their soufflés?
Panera discontinued their soufflés in 2020 as part of a menu revamp. The company decided to focus on other items that were more popular and aligned with their brand. However, many customers were disappointed with the decision and have been requesting the return of their beloved soufflés ever since.
Embrace the creamy, fluffy texture and savory flavors of this Spinach and Artichoke Soufflé inspired by panera souffle recipe renowned breakfast selection. A blend of eggs, cheese, spinach, and artichokes wrapped in a crisp pastry – it’s a gourmet start to your day!
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
For the Egg Mixture:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Base:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add chopped spinach and artichokes to the skillet. Sauté until the spinach wilts. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream or milk, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut it into squares that will fit into a muffin tin.
- Press the puff pastry squares into the muffin tin cups, ensuring it’s well-fitted.
- Spoon the spinach and artichoke mixture into each pastry cup, dividing it evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and artichoke filling in each pastry cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the egg is set.
- Let the soufflés cool for a few minutes before serving.
- The filling can be customized with other ingredients like bell peppers, mushrooms, or different cheeses.
- Always keep an eye on puff pastry as it can over-brown quickly.
- Serving Size: 1 soufflé
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
Keywords: Panera-inspired soufflé, Spinach and Artichoke breakfast pastry, gourmet breakfast