Marry Me Chicken Recipe is a dish that has been making waves in the culinary world lately. It’s a dish that is easy to make, yet tastes like it took hours to prepare. The dish is known for its creamy sun-dried tomato sauce that is simply irresistible. It’s no wonder that it has become a popular choice for date nights and special occasions.
The history of Marry Me Chicken is not clear, but it is believed to have originated in Italy. The dish is said to have been created by a chef who wanted to impress his girlfriend and proposed to her after she tasted the dish. The name of the dish comes from the idea that it is so delicious that it will make anyone want to get married. Whether or not this is true, one thing is for sure- Marry Me Chicken is a dish that is sure to impress anyone who tries it.
- Marry Me Chicken is a dish that is easy to make but tastes like it took hours to prepare.
- The dish originated in Italy and is believed to have been created by a chef who wanted to impress his girlfriend.
- The name of the dish comes from the idea that it is so delicious that it will make anyone want to get married.
History of Marry Me Chicken Recipe
Marry Me Chicken Recipe is a popular dish that has gained a lot of attention in recent years. The dish is believed to have originated in Italy, and its name is said to have come from the fact that it is so delicious that it could make someone propose marriage to the person who cooked it for them.
The recipe for Marry Me Chicken was first posted by Delish in 2018. Since then, many variations of this creamy, garlicky Sicilian-inspired chicken with sundried-tomatoes have been floating around the internet and through our social media feeds. In fact, if you google “Marry Me Chicken”, 367,000,000 hits come up!
The original recipe calls for chicken breasts to be seared in a pan and then baked with a creamy sauce made with garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and grated Parmesan. The result is a flavorful and tender dish that is perfect for a romantic dinner or a family meal.
While the origins of the dish are unclear, its popularity on social media has made it a household name. Many people have put their own spin on the recipe, adding different ingredients to make it their own. Some have even claimed that the dish has helped them get engaged or married!
Overall, Marry Me Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has captured the hearts of foodies all over the world.
Ingredients for Marry Me Chicken
Marry Me Chicken Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. Here are the main ingredients and spices needed to make this mouth-watering dish.
- Chicken Breast: The star of the dish, chicken breast cutlets are used to make Marry Me Chicken. The recipe calls for about 2 pounds of chicken breast cutlets or 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 6 chicken cutlets.
- Canola Oil: Used to cook the chicken, canola oil is a healthy oil that is low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fat.
- Butter: Adds richness and flavor to the dish.
- Garlic: Minced garlic is used to add flavor to the dish.
- Chicken Stock: Used to make the sauce for the dish.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Sliced into thin strips, sun-dried tomatoes add a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish.
- Baby Spinach: Fresh baby spinach is added to the dish just before serving to add color and nutrition.
Spices and Herbs
- Black Pepper: Adds a mild heat and depth of flavor to the dish.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Adds a bit of heat to the dish.
- Oregano: A fragrant herb that adds a warm and slightly bitter flavor to the dish.
- Thyme: A versatile herb that adds a subtle, earthy flavor to the dish.
- Heavy Cream: Adds richness and creaminess to the dish.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated parmesan cheese is added to the sauce to add flavor and texture.
These are the main ingredients and spices needed to make Marry Me Chicken. With these ingredients and the right recipe, anyone can make this delicious dish at home.
Tools and Equipment Needed
Preparing Marry Me Chicken is relatively easy and requires a few basic kitchen tools and equipment. Here are the tools and equipment needed to make this recipe:
A slow cooker is the primary equipment needed to make Marry Me Chicken. It is recommended to use a 6-quart slow cooker, but a 4-quart slow cooker can also work. The slow cooker allows the chicken to cook slowly and evenly, resulting in tender and juicy meat.
A skillet is required to brown the chicken breasts before adding them to the slow cooker. A non-stick skillet is recommended to prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan and to make cleaning easier.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Measuring cups and spoons are used to measure the ingredients accurately. It is crucial to measure the ingredients correctly to achieve the desired taste and texture.
A whisk is needed to mix the flour and chicken broth to make a thick sauce for the chicken. A wire whisk is recommended for easy mixing and to prevent lumps from forming.
Cutting Board and Knife
A cutting board and knife are required to chop the sundried tomatoes and garlic. It is essential to use a sharp knife to ensure that the ingredients are chopped evenly and to prevent accidents.
A serving dish is needed to serve the Marry Me Chicken once it is cooked. A deep dish is recommended to hold the chicken and the sauce.
Overall, the tools and equipment needed to make Marry Me Chicken are basic and commonly found in most kitchens.
Preparation of Chicken
To make Marry Me Chicken, start by preparing the chicken. The recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which should be pounded to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and doesn’t dry out.
Next, season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Then, coat the chicken in flour. This will help create a crisp outer layer when the chicken is cooked.
Making the Sauce
The creamy sauce is what makes Marry Me Chicken so irresistible. To make the sauce, start by sautéing garlic in a large skillet until fragrant. Then, add sun-dried tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
Once the chicken stock is bubbling, add heavy cream and whisk to combine. When the cream is bubbling, add parmesan cheese and whisk to combine. This will create a thick, creamy sauce that’s packed with flavor.
Final Cooking Steps
With the chicken prepared and the sauce made, it’s time to cook everything together. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the oil. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and set it aside. Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic to the pan. Cook until fragrant, then add the sun-dried tomatoes and chicken stock. Whisk to combine, then add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
Finally, add the chicken back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Cook for a few minutes until everything is heated through and the sauce has thickened. Serve the chicken hot with your favorite sides.
Overall, Marry Me Chicken is a delicious and easy dish that’s perfect for a romantic dinner or a special occasion. With its creamy sauce and tender chicken, it’s sure to become a favorite in any household.
Marry Me Chicken is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas for serving suggestions:
- Pasta: Marry Me Chicken is delicious served over pasta. Fettuccine or linguine are great choices, but any pasta will work. Simply cook the pasta according to the package instructions, and serve the chicken and sauce over the top.
- Rice: Another great option is to serve Marry Me Chicken over rice. White rice, brown rice, or even wild rice are all good choices. Cook the rice according to the package instructions, and spoon the chicken and sauce over the top.
- Vegetables: Marry Me Chicken pairs well with a variety of vegetables. Steamed broccoli, roasted asparagus, or sautéed spinach are all good choices. Simply prepare the vegetables as desired, and serve alongside the chicken.
- Salad: For a lighter option, serve Marry Me Chicken with a side salad. A simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing is a great choice, but you can also get creative and add other ingredients like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, or avocado.
- Bread: Marry Me Chicken is perfect for sopping up with a crusty piece of bread. Serve with a baguette or ciabatta bread for a complete meal.
No matter how you choose to serve it, Marry Me Chicken is sure to be a hit with your family or guests.
Marry Me Chicken is a delicious dish that is easy to prepare and perfect for busy weeknights. While it is a creamy and flavorful dish, it is important to consider its nutritional value as well. Here is a breakdown of the nutritional information for Marry Me Chicken:
Calories and Fat
One serving of Marry Me Chicken, which is roughly 1/6 of the recipe, contains approximately 440 calories. Of those calories, 21.32g come from fat, with 10.011g being saturated fat. While this dish is not necessarily low in calories or fat, it can still be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Protein and Carbohydrates
In addition to calories and fat, Marry Me Chicken is also a good source of protein. One serving contains 28g of protein, which is important for building and repairing muscle tissue. The dish also contains 23g of carbohydrates, which can provide energy for the body.
Vitamins and Minerals
While Marry Me Chicken is not necessarily a significant source of vitamins and minerals, it does contain some important nutrients. For example, one serving contains 3.6g of dietary fiber, which can help promote healthy digestion. The dish also contains small amounts of calcium, iron, and vitamin C.
Overall, Marry Me Chicken can be a delicious and satisfying meal when enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. By being mindful of portion sizes and incorporating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and other nutrient-dense foods into their diet, individuals can enjoy Marry Me Chicken as a tasty treat without compromising their health goals.
Variations of Marry Me Chicken
Marry Me Chicken is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences. Here are some variations to try:
1. Lemon Marry Me Chicken
For a tangy twist on the classic recipe, add lemon juice and zest to the sauce. This will give the dish a bright, fresh flavor that pairs well with the creamy sauce.
2. Spicy Marry Me Chicken
To add some heat to the dish, add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the sauce. This will give the dish a spicy kick that will satisfy those who like their food with a little extra heat.
3. Tomato Marry Me Chicken
For a more Italian-inspired version of the dish, add diced tomatoes and fresh basil to the sauce. This will give the dish a light, fresh flavor that pairs well with the chicken.
4. Mushroom Marry Me Chicken
For a more earthy flavor, add sliced mushrooms to the sauce. This will give the dish a rich, savory flavor that pairs well with the creamy sauce.
5. Parmesan Marry Me Chicken
For a cheesy twist on the classic recipe, add grated parmesan cheese to the sauce. This will give the dish a rich, cheesy flavor that pairs well with the chicken.
Overall, Marry Me Chicken is a delicious and versatile dish that can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences. By experimenting with different ingredients and flavors, you can create a dish that is uniquely your own.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
Marry Me Chicken is a great recipe to make ahead of time and store for later. Here are some instructions for storing and reheating Marry Me Chicken:
To store leftover Marry Me Chicken in the refrigerator, place it in an airtight container. Make sure to use the chicken within 1-2 days of storing.
Marry Me Chicken can also be frozen for later use. To freeze, place the chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag. Make sure to remove as much air as possible before sealing. The chicken can be frozen for up to 3 months.
There are a few ways to reheat Marry Me Chicken:
- Oven: Warm chicken in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Microwave: Alternatively, you can also reheat the chicken in a microwave using short intervals of 30 seconds until heated through.
- Stovetop: Reheat the chicken on the stovetop over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
When reheating, make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure it is safe to eat.
Overall, Marry Me Chicken is a versatile dish that can be stored and reheated easily, making it a great option for meal prep or leftovers.
Marry Me Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that has become a viral sensation on social media platforms like TikTok. It is a Tuscan-style dish that features chicken cutlets cooked in a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. The recipe has been around for a few years but gained popularity in recent years due to its viral status.
The recipe is simple and requires only a handful of ingredients that are readily available in most grocery stores. The chicken is first cooked in a skillet with garlic, butter, oregano, and thyme. Then it is baked in chicken broth and finished with a sauce made from Parmesan, cream, sun-dried tomato, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes.
Marry Me Chicken is a versatile recipe that can be served with a variety of side dishes like pasta, rice, or roasted vegetables. It is perfect for a romantic dinner or a family meal. The dish is also customizable, and you can adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
Overall, Marry Me Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that has become a viral sensation on social media. It is a perfect recipe for anyone who wants to impress their loved ones with a delicious and romantic dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s for dinner with chicken?
Chicken is a versatile protein that can be used in a variety of dishes. Some popular options include grilled chicken, chicken stir fry, chicken Alfredo, and of course, Marry Me chicken. Depending on your preference, you can pair chicken with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, rice, or salad.
What is the best Marry Me chicken recipe?
There are many variations of the Marry Me chicken recipe, but the best one is the one that suits your taste buds. Some recipes use heavy cream, others use sour cream, and some use both. Some include sun-dried tomatoes, while others use fresh tomatoes. It’s all about finding the recipe that you enjoy the most.
What are the ingredients in Marry Me chicken?
Marry Me chicken typically includes chicken breasts, shallots, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken stock, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil. Some recipes may also include other vegetables such as spinach or kale.
How do you make Marry Me chicken with chicken thighs?
To make Marry Me chicken with chicken thighs, simply substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts in your chosen recipe. Keep in mind that chicken thighs may require a longer cooking time than chicken breasts.
What is the Marry Me chicken recipe from the New York Times?
The New York Times has a Marry Me chicken recipe that includes chicken breasts, shallots, garlic, white wine, chicken broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, and fresh tarragon. The recipe can be found on the New York Times website.
How many ways can you prepare chicken?
There are countless ways to prepare chicken, from grilling and baking to frying and sautéing. Chicken can be seasoned with a variety of spices and herbs, and can be paired with a range of sauces and sides. The possibilities are endless!
Experience the romantic allure of this creamy and flavorful Marry Me Chicken Recipe , perfectly cooked in a rich sundried tomato and Parmesan sauce that’s sure to win the heart of anyone who tastes it.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side). Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the cherry and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, and let it simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Reduce the heat to low, then add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir until well combined.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and let it simmer in the sauce for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with additional basil and parsley, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
Keywords: Marry Me Chicken, Creamy Chicken, Sundried Tomato Chicken