I have been a fan of egg noodles for as long as I can remember. They are versatile, delicious, and can be used in a variety of dishes. However, many of the store-bought egg noodles are filled with preservatives and additives that I prefer to avoid. That’s why I started making my own egg noodles, and I have never looked back. In this article, I will share my simple 4-ingredient egg noodle recipe that is easy to make and tastes great.
Essential Ingredients To make these egg noodles, you will need four simple ingredients: all-purpose flour, eggs, water, and salt. That’s it! You probably already have these ingredients in your pantry, which makes this recipe even more convenient. I recommend using high-quality eggs for the best flavor and texture.
Equipment Needed You don’t need any fancy equipment to make these egg noodles. All you need is a mixing bowl, a fork, a rolling pin, and a knife. If you have a pasta roller, you can use it to roll out the dough, but it’s not necessary. With just a few basic tools, you can make delicious homemade egg noodles that are perfect for soups, stews, and casseroles.
- Making homemade egg noodles is easy and only requires four simple ingredients: all-purpose flour, eggs, water, and salt.
- You don’t need any fancy equipment to make these egg noodles. A mixing bowl, fork, rolling pin, and knife are sufficient.
- Homemade egg noodles are versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, and they taste better than store-bought noodles.
Essential Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe
When it comes to making egg noodles, the ingredients are simple and few. Here are the four essential ingredients that you will need:
Eggs are the star ingredient in egg noodles. They provide the necessary protein and moisture to create the perfect dough. Most recipes call for large eggs, but medium or jumbo eggs can be used as well. Be sure to use fresh eggs for the best results.
Flour is the backbone of egg noodles. All-purpose flour is the most commonly used type of flour, but you can also use bread flour or cake flour depending on your preference. The amount of flour you use will depend on the number of eggs you use and the desired texture of your noodles.
Salt is a crucial ingredient in egg noodles. It helps to enhance the flavor of the noodles and also helps to strengthen the gluten in the dough. You can use regular table salt or sea salt depending on your preference.
Water is the last ingredient you’ll need to make egg noodles. It is used to bring the dough together and make it pliable. The amount of water you’ll need will depend on the size of the eggs you use and the type of flour you use.
In summary, making egg noodles is a simple process that requires only four essential ingredients. With these ingredients, you can create a delicious and satisfying dish that everyone will love.
Equipment Needed for 4 Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe
To make this 4-ingredient egg noodle recipe, you’ll need some basic kitchen equipment. Here’s what you’ll need:
A mixing bowl is essential for mixing the ingredients to make the dough. You can use a standard mixing bowl or a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
A food processor is optional but highly recommended. It makes the process of mixing and kneading the dough quick and easy. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mix and knead the dough by hand.
A rolling pin is necessary for rolling out the dough to the desired thickness. You can use a standard rolling pin or a pasta roller attachment for a stand mixer.
Knife or Pasta Cutter
Once the dough is rolled out, you’ll need to cut it into noodles. You can use a sharp knife or a pasta cutter to create the desired shape and size.
Clean Work Surface
Finally, you’ll need a clean work surface to roll out the dough. A large cutting board or a clean countertop works well. Make sure to dust the surface with flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
Overall, this recipe requires minimal equipment and is easy to make with basic kitchen tools.
To make the dough for 4 Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe, I need to follow these simple steps:
- In a food processor, I will combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- I will pulse the mixture to combine.
- Next, I will add 2 large eggs and 1 teaspoon of water, and pulse until couscous-sized crumbs form.
- I will then squeeze the dough between my hands. It should clump together easily without being too wet. If it is too dry, I will pulse in more water 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- Once the dough is ready, I will transfer it out onto a work surface and gather it into a ball.
- I will then knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- After kneading, I will wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the gluten to relax and make it easier to roll out the dough.
- Once the dough has rested, I will divide it into four portions and roll out each portion to my desired thickness.
- Finally, I will cut the dough into noodles using a sharp knife or a pasta cutter.
By following these simple steps, I will have a perfect dough for my 4 Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe.
Rolling and Cutting the Noodles
Now that the dough has rested, it’s time to roll and cut the noodles. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sprinkle flour on a clean, flat surface to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts.
- Roll out each part with a rolling pin to a thickness of about 1/8 inch. Make sure to keep the surface floured so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into long, thin strips. You can make them as wide or as narrow as you like.
- Once you’ve cut all the strips, dust them with flour to prevent them from sticking together.
And that’s it! Your homemade egg noodles are ready to be cooked. They can be boiled in salted water for 3-5 minutes until they float to the top. Then, they can be drained and served with your favorite sauce or toppings.
By following these simple steps, you can make delicious homemade egg noodles in no time. It’s an easy and satisfying recipe that’s perfect for beginners and experienced cooks alike.
Cooking Instructions for 4 Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe
To cook the egg noodles, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles to the boiling water and stir gently to separate them. Cook the noodles for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender but still slightly firm to the bite. Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
To serve the egg noodles, you can toss them with butter, olive oil, or your favorite sauce. Alternatively, you can use them as a base for soups or stews.
Here is a quick summary of the cooking instructions for the 4 ingredient egg noodle recipe:
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to make the egg noodles:
- All-purpose flour
- Large eggs
To make the egg noodles, combine the flour and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the eggs and water and pulse until the dough comes together. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead it for 5-10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
After the dough has rested, divide it into 4 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a thin sheet using a rolling pin or pasta machine. Cut the sheets into thin strips using a sharp knife or pasta cutter. Dust the noodles with flour to prevent them from sticking together.
That’s it! With just 4 simple ingredients and a little bit of effort, you can make delicious egg noodles from scratch.
I love this 4-Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe because it’s so versatile. Here are some serving suggestions to help inspire your next meal.
Soups and Stews
Egg noodles are perfect for adding to soups and stews. They add texture and help to thicken the broth. Try adding them to chicken noodle soup, beef stew, or creamy tomato soup.
Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. Cook the noodles according to the recipe, then toss them with butter, salt, and pepper. You can also add grated Parmesan cheese for an extra boost of flavor.
Egg noodles are the perfect accompaniment to beef stroganoff. Cook up some sliced beef, mushrooms, and onions in a creamy sauce, then serve over a bed of egg noodles.
Egg noodles are commonly used in Asian cuisine. Try using them in stir-fries or as a base for noodle bowls. You can also toss them with soy sauce, sesame oil, and green onions for a simple and delicious side dish.
Egg noodles are a great side dish for a variety of meals. Serve them alongside roasted chicken, grilled fish, or pork chops. You can also add some sautéed vegetables like broccoli or carrots for a complete meal.
Overall, this 4-Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe is a great addition to any meal. With so many serving suggestions, you’re sure to find a way to incorporate them into your favorite dishes.
Storage and Reheating Tips
As with any pasta dish, storing and reheating egg noodles can be a bit tricky. Here are some tips to help keep your egg noodles fresh and delicious:
- Store cooked egg noodles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you need to store egg noodles for longer, freeze them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months.
- To prevent the noodles from sticking together, toss them with a little bit of oil before storing.
- To reheat egg noodles, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Alternatively, you can reheat egg noodles in the microwave. Place the noodles in a microwave-safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through.
- If you’re reheating egg noodles in a sauce, add a little bit of water or broth to the pan to prevent the noodles from drying out.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your egg noodles stay fresh and delicious, even when reheated.
Variations and Additions
I love how versatile egg noodles can be. You can add a variety of ingredients to the dough to make it more flavorful or colorful. Here are some variations and additions to try:
1. Herb-infused noodles
Adding fresh herbs to the dough can add a new dimension of flavor to your egg noodles. Try adding chopped parsley, basil, or thyme to the dough before kneading. You can also experiment with different combinations of herbs to find your favorite flavor.
2. Vegetable-infused noodles
Adding vegetable puree to the dough can add color and nutrition to your egg noodles. Try adding pureed spinach, carrot, or beet to the dough before kneading. You can also experiment with different combinations of vegetables to find your favorite flavor.
3. Spiced noodles
Adding spices to the dough can add a hint of heat or warmth to your egg noodles. Try adding ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika to the dough before kneading. You can also experiment with different combinations of spices to find your favorite flavor.
4. Cheese-filled noodles
Adding cheese to the filling of your egg noodles can add a creamy and savory flavor to your dish. Try adding ricotta, feta, or cheddar cheese to the filling. You can also experiment with different combinations of cheese to find your favorite flavor.
5. Meat-filled noodles
Adding meat to the filling of your egg noodles can add a hearty and protein-rich flavor to your dish. Try adding ground beef, chicken, or pork to the filling. You can also experiment with different combinations of meat to find your favorite flavor.
Overall, egg noodles are a great base for a variety of dishes. Experiment with different variations and additions to find your perfect flavor combination.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the essential ingredients for a basic egg noodle recipe?
To make a basic egg noodle recipe, you will need four essential ingredients: all-purpose flour, eggs, salt, and water. While some recipes may call for additional ingredients such as milk or oil, these four ingredients are the foundation of any egg noodle recipe.
How can I incorporate chicken into an egg noodle dish?
Chicken is a great addition to egg noodle dishes, as it adds protein and flavor. One easy way to incorporate chicken is to cook it separately and then add it to the dish at the end. You can also cook the chicken in the same pot as the egg noodles, but be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can you provide a simple guide for making homemade noodles using egg yolks?
To make homemade noodles using egg yolks, you will need to separate the yolks from the whites and combine them with flour and a pinch of salt. Knead the dough until it is smooth and then roll it out into thin sheets. Cut the sheets into thin strips and then allow them to dry for a few hours before cooking.
What is the proper cooking time for egg noodles to ensure they are perfectly done?
The cooking time for egg noodles can vary depending on the thickness of the noodles and the desired texture. In general, egg noodles should be cooked in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until they are tender but still slightly firm. Be sure to stir the noodles occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
How does the preparation of egg pasta differ from that of egg noodles?
Egg pasta and egg noodles are similar in that they both contain eggs, but the preparation methods can be different. Egg pasta is typically made with a pasta machine, which allows for a thinner and more delicate noodle. Egg noodles, on the other hand, are often made by hand and are thicker and more rustic in texture.
Are there any nutritional benefits to choosing egg noodles over regular pasta varieties?
Egg noodles are a good source of protein and can be a healthier option than regular pasta varieties. They also contain fewer calories and carbohydrates than many other types of pasta. However, it is important to note that egg noodles can still be high in sodium and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Discover the simplicity and deliciousness of homemade noodles with our 4 Ingredient Egg Noodle Recipe. Perfect for a comforting meal, these egg noodles are easy to make and require just a few basic ingredients. Ideal for family dinners or a quick meal solution.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2–4 tablespoons water (as needed)
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs. Mix well.
- Gradually add enough water to form a smooth dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough out thinly, then cut into desired noodle shapes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and serve with your favorite sauce or toppings.
- Adjust water as needed to achieve a smooth, pliable dough.
- Noodles can be dried for later use.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
Keywords: Egg Noodle Recipe, Homemade Noodles, Easy Egg Noodles, 4 Ingredient Noodles