If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make chicken dish that will impress your family and friends, look no further than the longhorn parmesan crusted chicken recipe/strong>!
What is longhorn parmesan crusted chicken recipe
This mouthwatering recipe combines the flavors of tender chicken breast, crispy breadcrumbs, and savory Parmesan cheese. The result is a golden and cheesy crust that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Not only is this dish incredibly tasty, but it is also a versatile option that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of sides such as mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad. Learn more about other chicken dishes here.
Ingredients needed for the recipe
To make longhorn parmesan crusted chicken recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
|4 boneless, skinless
|Bread crumbs (preferably panko)
|Parmesan cheese (grated)
|Salt and pepper
|Fresh parsley (for garnish)
These ingredients can easily be found at your local grocery store, and you may already have some of them in your pantry. Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to follow the simple steps to create this delectable dish.
Preparing the Chicken
Selecting and prepping the chicken breasts
For those craving a flavorful and crispy chicken dish, look no further than the delicious Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe. To start, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It’s important to select fresh and high-quality chicken breasts to ensure the best taste and texture. If needed, trim any excess fat or tendons from the chicken breasts before proceeding. For more chicken preparation tips, check out this guide.
Coating the chicken in Parmesan and breadcrumbs
To achieve the perfect Parmesan crust on your chicken, follow these simple steps:
- Gather the ingredients: You’ll need grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried basil, and olive oil. Ensure your ingredients are measured and ready for use.
- Make the Parmesan mixture: In a shallow bowl, combine the grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil. Mix well to distribute the flavors evenly.
- Coat the chicken in the mixture: Dip each chicken breast into the Parmesan mixture, pressing firmly to ensure the coating sticks to the chicken. Make sure to coat both sides thoroughly.
- Cook the chicken: Preheat a pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the coated chicken breasts. Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy: Once cooked, transfer the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken to a serving dish. Pair it with your favorite sides like roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes, and savor the delicious flavors.
With its crispy Parmesan crust and tender chicken, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. So, grab your apron and get cooking this tasty dish for your next gathering or weeknight dinner. Bon appétit!
Cooking the Chicken
When it comes to a delicious and flavorful chicken recipe, look no further than the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken. This recipe combines the succulence of chicken breasts with the delightful taste of Parmesan cheese, creating an unforgettable dish that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Pan-searing the chicken breasts
To start, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Begin by seasoning them with salt and pepper on both sides. In a hot skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are nicely browned. This step not only sears the chicken, but also helps in locking in the juices, resulting in a tender and moist final dish.
Baking the chicken to perfection
Once the chicken breasts are pan-seared, transfer them to a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and dried herbs such as thyme or oregano. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the top of each chicken breast, pressing it gently to adhere.
Bake the chicken breasts in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through and the crust is golden brown and crispy. The internal temperature should reach at least 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
Serve the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken alongside a fresh salad or steamed vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal. This recipe is versatile and can be easily customized with additional herbs or spices to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy the delightful combination of tender chicken with the bold flavors of Parmesan cheese in every bite.
Remember to also share this flavorful recipe with your friends and family, as they are guaranteed to love it just as much as you do.
Creating the Parmesan Crust
Are you looking for a delicious and easy chicken recipe? Look no further! The Parmesan-crusted chicken is a crowd-pleasing dish that is simple to make and bursting with flavor.
Mixing Parmesan, Herbs, and Spices
Start by gathering the ingredients for the Parmesan crust. You will need grated Parmesan cheese, dried herbs like oregano and thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a bowl, combine these ingredients and mix them well to ensure an even distribution of flavors.
Applying the Crust to the Chicken Breasts
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and pat them dry with a paper towel. This step ensures that the crust adheres properly to the chicken.
Dip each chicken breast into the Parmesan mixture, pressing it firmly onto both sides. Make sure the chicken is well-coated with the cheesy, herb-infused crust.
Place the coated chicken breasts onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a greased baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a tender and juicy bite.
Serve the Parmesan-crusted chicken alongside your favorite sides like roasted vegetables, a fresh salad, or creamy mashed potatoes. The crunchy crust, combined with the tender and flavorful chicken, will make this recipe a hit with everyone at the table.
Enjoy this delightful Parmesan-crusted chicken that’s both easy to make and full of savory goodness. It’s the perfect dish for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion meal.
Serving the Chicken
Once the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken is cooked to perfection and ready to serve, it’s time to get creative with plating and choosing the right pairings and garnishes to complement this mouthwatering dish.
Plating the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
When it comes to plating, presentation is key. Here are some tips to create an appealing and appetizing plate:
- Create a bed: Start by placing a bed of fresh, crisp salad greens or steamed vegetables on the plate. This not only adds color but also provides a refreshing contrast to the crunchy crust of the chicken.
- Stack it up: Carefully place the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken on top of the bed of greens or vegetables. Make sure to position it in a way that showcases the golden-brown crust and juicy chicken.
Pairing options and garnishes
To enhance the flavors of the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken, consider pairing it with some delicious sides and adding a few garnishes. Here are some ideas:
- Side dishes: Serve the chicken with a side of creamy mashed potatoes, roasted garlic Brussels sprouts, or grilled asparagus. These options provide a balance of flavors and textures that complement the main dish.
- Sauces: Drizzle some tangy lemon aioli or homemade pesto over the chicken to add an extra layer of flavor. The creamy, zesty sauces will elevate the taste of the dish.
- Garnishes: Sprinkle freshly chopped herbs like parsley or basil over the chicken to add a pop of color and freshness. Alternatively, you can top it with some shaved Parmesan cheese for a delightful cheesy touch.
Remember, plating and pairing options are not set in stone. Feel free to get creative and customize the dish based on your personal preferences and the occasion you’re serving it for.
With these tips, you can confidently serve the Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken to your guests and delight their taste buds with a visually stunning and flavorful experience. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Expert tips for a flavorful result
For a perfectly delicious and juicy longhorn parmesan crusted chicken dish, consider these expert tips:
- Pound the chicken: Before coating the chicken breasts, it’s a good idea to pound them gently to an even thickness. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and results in a moist and tender inside.
- Marinate the chicken: To infuse your chicken with even more flavor, marinate it in a mixture of herbs, spices, and olive oil before coating it in the parmesan crust. This step adds a depth of flavor to the dish.
- Use fresh ingredients: Opt for fresh and high-quality ingredients, such as freshly grated parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. The use of fresh ingredients enhances the overall taste of the dish.
- Preheat the oven: Make sure to preheat your oven to the recommended temperature before baking the chicken. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and achieves a crispy crust.
Explore the nutritional value of Parmigiano Reggiano, its aroma-active compounds, and the significance of elements like glutamate in imparting the unique umami taste to the cheese.
Alternative toppings or spice combinations
If you want to add your own twist to the longhorn parmesan crusted chicken recipe, here are some alternative toppings or spice combinations to consider:
- Spicy kick: Add a kick of heat by incorporating cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes into the parmesan crust mixture
- Herb-infused: Experiment with different herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, or basil, to give the dish a fresh and aromatic flavor.
- Zesty lemon: Add a zest of lemon to the parmesan crust mixture for a tangy and refreshing twist.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: For a burst of sweetness and umami flavor, mix chopped sun-dried tomatoes into the parmesan crust mixture.
Remember, feel free to get creative and customize the recipe to your liking. These variations can take your longhorn parmesan crusted chicken to the next level and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!
The longhorn parmesan crusted chicken recipe is a delicious and savory dish that combines the flavors of parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and spices to create a crispy and flavorful coating on tender chicken breasts. This recipe is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed as a main course with a side of vegetables or a salad.
To make this recipe, start by preheating the oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a shallow dish, mix together grated parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, dried basil, and black pepper. Dip each chicken breast into beaten eggs and then coat it with the parmesan mixture, pressing it gently to adhere.
Place the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy the flavorful combination of crispy crust and juicy chicken.
This Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a crowd-pleasing recipe that is perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions. Its savory flavors and crispy texture make it a favorite among chicken lovers. Give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with a delicious and easy-to-make dish.
Recreate the signature longhorn parmesan crusted chicken recipe at home with this delectable recipe. Juicy chicken meets a crispy Parmesan and garlic crust for the ultimate comfort meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the Parmesan cheese, plain bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried basil.
- Dip each chicken breast in the buttermilk, ensuring it’s fully coated, then dredge in the Parmesan mixture, pressing it onto the chicken to adhere well.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and butter. Once the butter has melted and is foamy, add the chicken breasts. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown.
- Pour chicken broth and heavy cream around the chicken breasts in the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot.
- For an extra kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the breadcrumb mixture.
- The chicken can also be served with a side of mashed potatoes or a green salad for a complete meal.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 420mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 46g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
Keywords: Longhorn, Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Restaurant-style