If you’re a fan of Italian-American cuisine, chances are you’ve come across the delicious dish known as recipe for chicken modiga. This mouth-watering recipe is a fusion of flavors, combining the richness of Italian flavors with the tanginess of lemon and the savory taste of Parmesan cheese. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply wanting a satisfying dinner, Chicken Modiga is sure to impress.
What is recipe for chicken modiga
recipe for chicken modiga is a popular dish that originated in St. Louis, Missouri. It is believed to have been created by Italian immigrants who put a unique spin on traditional Italian recipes. The dish typically consists of breaded chicken cutlets that are pan-fried to perfection and topped with a flavorful sauce made with white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and lots of Parmesan cheese. It is often served with spaghetti or another pasta of your choice.
Table of Ingredients needed for recipe for chicken modiga
To make the perfect recipe for chicken modiga, you’ll need the following ingredients:
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For those who love experimenting with different ingredients, our Bob Evans Recipe for Banana Bread is a must-try!
These ingredients will come together to create a delectable and flavorful chicken dish that will leave you craving for more. With its crispy exterior, tender and juicy chicken, and the delightful sauce, Chicken Modiga is a true crowd-pleaser.
So, gather your ingredients, grab your apron, and get ready to embark on a culinary journey with Chicken Modiga. From the first bite to the last, this dish will transport you to a world of deliciousness and make you a hit in the kitchen.
Preparing the Chicken
Preparing the chicken breasts
To get started on your delicious chicken modiga, you’ll need to prepare the chicken breasts. Begin by rinsing them under cold water and patting them dry with a paper towel. This helps to remove any excess moisture and ensures a better sear when cooking. Once dry, place the chicken breasts on a cutting board.
Using a sharp knife, carefully trim off any visible fat or skin from the chicken breasts. This ensures a leaner and healthier dish. You can also butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting them horizontally through the middle, leaving one edge intact. This creates a pocket to stuff the cheese and ham later on.
Seasoning the chicken breasts
To add flavor to the chicken, it’s time to season them. In a mixing bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Sprinkle this seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts, making sure to coat them thoroughly. This will enhance the taste of the chicken and bring out its natural flavors when cooking.
For added richness and depth, you can marinate the seasoned chicken breasts in a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight in the refrigerator. This step is optional but can take your dish to the next level by infusing the chicken with citrusy notes.
Once the chicken breasts are seasoned to your liking, they are ready to be cooked and transformed into mouthwatering chicken modiga. Whether you choose to grill them, pan-fry them, or bake them in the oven, following these preparation steps will ensure tender, flavorful chicken that pairs perfectly with the modiga sauce.
So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to make this delightful Italian-American dish that is sure to impress your family and friends!
Creating the Modiga Sauce
Sautéing the onions and garlic
Start by sautéing 1 medium-sized finely chopped onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic becomes fragrant, which typically takes about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Adding mushrooms and white wine
Next, add 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms start to brown. The mushrooms will release their natural juices, creating a delicious base for the sauce.
Once the mushrooms are cooked, pour in 1/2 cup of dry white wine. This will deglaze the pan and enhance the flavors. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the wine has reduced slightly.
Finishing the Modiga Sauce
To complete the modiga sauce, add 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. The sauce should thicken slightly during this time.
Finally, add 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of butter to the sauce. Stir until the cheese has melted and the butter has incorporated into the sauce, giving it a rich and creamy texture.
Pour the modiga sauce over your favorite cooked chicken breasts or pounded chicken cutlets. The sauce is ready to be enjoyed, providing a tangy, savory, and slightly cheesy flavor that perfectly complements the chicken.
Remember, you can adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences. Feel free to add more lemon juice for extra tanginess or sprinkle some red pepper flakes if you prefer a spicy kick.
Now that you know how to create the modiga sauce, go ahead and impress your family and friends with this delicious and vibrant dish!
Cooking the Chicken Modiga
Coating the chicken breasts in flour
To prepare a delicious Chicken Modiga, start by coating the chicken breasts in flour. This step helps create a crispy outer layer when the chicken is pan-fried. First, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to enhance the flavor. Then, coat each piece in flour, making sure to shake off any excess. This coating helps seal in the juices and adds a nice texture to the finished dish.
Pan-frying the chicken
After coating the chicken breasts, it’s time to pan-fry them. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Flipping the chicken breasts only once during the cooking process helps ensure even browning and sealing in the juices. If the chicken is thicker, you can finish cooking it in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes to ensure it’s fully cooked.
Once the chicken breasts are cooked, remove them from the skillet and set them aside. Use the same skillet to make the delicious Modiga sauce.
Creating the Modiga sauce involves combining ingredients like garlic, mushrooms, white wine, lemon juice, and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until the flavors meld together. Then, return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
Garnish the Chicken Modiga with fresh parsley and serve it hot. This flavorful dish pairs well with steamed vegetables or a side of creamy mashed potatoes.
Remember, the key to a successful Chicken Modiga is properly coating and pan-frying the chicken breasts to achieve a crispy exterior and juicy interior.
If you’re looking for another sandwich recipe after this, our Saint Paul Sandwich Recipe is a delightful choice
Serving and Presentation
Plating the chicken modiga
When it comes to serving chicken modiga, presentation is key. A well-plated dish not only looks appetizing but also enhances the overall dining experience. Here are some tips on how to plate this delicious dish:
- Start with a clean plate: Choose a plate that complements the colors of the dish. A white or neutral-colored plate works well to showcase the vibrant colors of the chicken modiga.
- Arrange the chicken: Place a piece of chicken modiga in the center of the plate. You can cut the chicken into slices or leave it whole, depending on your preference.
- Spoon the sauce: Carefully spoon the creamy sauce over the chicken, ensuring it covers the entire piece. This will add moisture and flavor to the dish.
- Add the side dish: Chicken modiga is commonly served with a side of spaghetti or linguine. Place a portion of the pasta next to the chicken, creating a balanced and visually appealing plate.
Garnishing and serving suggestions
To elevate the presentation of your chicken modiga, consider garnishing and serving it with some additional elements. Here are a few suggestions:
- Fresh herbs: Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley or basil over the chicken dish. Not only does it add a pop of green color, but it also adds a fresh and aromatic flavor.
- Lemon wedges: Serve chicken modiga with a few lemon wedges on the side. Squeezing some lemon juice over the dish can enhance the flavors and provide a refreshing tang.
- Parmesan cheese: Grate some Parmesan cheese over the chicken modiga before serving. The cheese adds a rich and savory taste, complementing the creamy sauce.
- Bread or garlic bread: Accompany the chicken modiga with some crusty bread or garlic bread. It’s a perfect way to soak up the delicious sauce and add a different texture to the meal.
Remember, presentation plays a crucial role in creating an enjoyable dining experience. By following these tips and adding your own personal touch, you can make your chicken modiga look as enticing as it tastes.
Nutrition Facts for Chicken Modiga
When it comes to enjoying a delicious meal, it’s important to also consider its nutritional value. Here, we will explore the nutrition facts for the popular recipe of chicken modiga.
Calories and Macronutrients:
A typical serving size of chicken modiga, which is about 1 cup, contains approximately 350 calories. This dish is a good source of protein, providing around 25 grams per serving. It also contains healthy fats, with approximately 15 grams, and carbohydrates, with around 20 grams.
Vitamins and Minerals:
Chicken modiga is a dish that offers a variety of essential vitamins and minerals. It contains a significant amount of vitamin A, which supports healthy vision and immune function. It also provides vitamin C, an antioxidant that boosts immunity and helps in collagen production. Moreover, this recipe is a source of calcium, potassium, and iron, which are essential for strong bones, proper muscle function, and oxygen transportation in the body.
Ingredients:The specific nutritional content of chicken modiga may vary slightly depending on the ingredients used for the recipe. It typically includes chicken breast, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, butter, lemon juice, and cheese. These ingredients add flavor and texture to the dish while contributing to its nutritional profile.
It’s worth noting that any variations or additions to the recipe, such as using different types of cheese or cooking oils, may affect the overall nutrition content of the dish. Therefore, it’s advisable to refer to the specific ingredients and quantities used when calculating the nutrition facts.
|Chicken Modiga (Rizzo’s)
Discover the detailed nutritional value of chicken and its significance in various cuisines worldwide.
In summary, Chicken Modiga is a delicious and flavorful dish that can be easily prepared at home. By following the recipe provided and incorporating the tips for perfecting the dish, you can create a restaurant-quality meal that will impress your friends and family. Don’t be afraid to get creative and add your own personal touches to make it your own. Enjoy the culinary journey of cooking Chicken Modiga and savor the delightful flavors that it brings to your table.
Tips for perfecting Chicken Modiga
- Use fresh ingredients: Opt for high-quality chicken breasts and fresh vegetables to enhance the taste and texture of the dish.
- Marinate the chicken: Letting the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes will infuse it with flavor and make it tender and juicy.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly: Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through to ensure it is safe to eat.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the sauce as you go and adjust the seasonings according to your preference.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Adding chopped parsley or cilantro on top of the dish before serving will give it a pop of freshness and aroma.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
A: Yes, you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs for chicken breasts. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
Q: Can I make Chicken Modiga ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make Chicken Modiga ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. Just keep the chicken and sauce separate until ready to reheat.
Q: Can I freeze Chicken Modiga?A: Yes, you can freeze Chicken Modiga. Allow it to cool completely, portion it into freezer-safe containers, and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Q: What can I serve with Chicken Modiga?A: Chicken Modiga pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as rice, pasta, or roasted vegetables.
Indulge in the rich flavors of recipe for chicken modiga, an Italian-inspired dish featuring breaded chicken breasts complemented by a lemon butter wine sauce, crispy prosciutto, and melted cheese.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices Provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add the breaded chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast, followed by a slice of cheese.
- In the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt. Stir in the white wine and lemon juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 600
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 850mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
Keywords: Chicken Modiga, Breaded Chicken with Cheese